Used 2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Consumer Reviews - 166 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara

View reviews for a specific Grand Vitara model:

Big Improvement
By bdriver

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara XSport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

A friend of mine had a 2002 Grand Vitara and had no problems with it, but the style left something to desire. When my friend purchased the new Grand Vitara I ran out to see what it looked like and really liked what I saw. So I went and purchased one for myself. It has been a pleasure to drive and so far I have no complaints about anything. I have taken some long trips with it and I always feel comfortable in it.

The heated outside mirrors, climate control, six CD changer, etc.

Add a full roof rack with cross pieces.

Great Small Truck
By bossaboss

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

After looking at several other small SUVs, the Grand Vitara was a stand-out. Suzuki was smart to be the only make to offer a true RWD-based 4x4 against the weaker AWD car-based competition. The fit/finish of the interior and exterior are excellent, and I often receive compliments on the styling. The 2.7 V6 engine has decent power if you are willing to keep the RPM up. So far I am getting about 20-22 MPG on mountain highways.

The true 4x4 capability, decent gas mileage, well thought out interior, and outboard spare tire location.

Increase the displacement of the motor to 3.0L or more. Come up with a better name than "Grand Vitara."

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury
By owlsnest

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

The 2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury is one niec truck to drive. Its interior is very pleasant. It has a very solid and quiet highway ride. Suzuki has a winner on its hands.

The interior and exterior.

Change the plastic caps on the wheel's. Two on mine broke from being froced on I beleve.

A Fun Car to Drive
By Ed

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I have 18,000 miles on my Grand Vitara and up to now I haven't had one problem. The other day while making a rather sharp right hand turn at, maybe, 10 mph, a horrible noise came out from somewhere underneath the truck. At this point, my wife (who drives the car everyday to and from work) said to me "oh yeh, I forgot to tell you - it's been making that noise when I turn right at this particular intersection." It doesn't do it all the time, and I suspect that it probably won't do it when I take it to the dealership. Other than this, it's been a reliable car so far. I'm worried about this noise because believe me, it is loud. It will turn heads if anyone is nearby. The cruise control needs some refining.

The in-dash CD changer is great. I also like the headlight pattern from the halogen bulbs, and the high beams spread out nicely allowing you to see deer, etc., standing just off the side of the road. The high beams on my other vehicle are very forward-pointing, not illuminating the periphery at all.

The speaker system too bassy, it needs more treble / brightness. The transmission shifts too frequently. This can be very annoying when using cruise control. The cruise control does not maintain speed. "D" and "4" on the shifter are too close. It can be easily bumped from "D" to "4". I don;t like the high dealer maintance cost.

Should Have Better Tires
By Evelyn

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my Grand Vitara in April. I only had 12,000 miles on it when I had to replace my rear tires. I would think the tires should last longer than that. I took the car back to the dealership that I purchased it at an I was told there was nothing they could do for me (bummer)! Check your tires! Have them rotated and make sure that your have the the air pressure checked.

I like the looks I get when driving down the road!

Please change the tires that come on the Grand Vitara. The paint came off of some of my buttons on the dash two weeks after I purchased it. I don't like the running lights.