Used 2007 Suzuki Forenza Consumer Reviews - 81 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Suzuki Forenza

View reviews for a specific Forenza model:

NEVER PURCHASE THIS VEHICLE
By Mariah Driggers

2007 Suzuki Forenza 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is by far the worst car ever. The transmission sensor doesn't work, it may at first but goes out in every single suzuki vehicle (check all reviews). The car locks go on and off while I am driving and makes a really loud noise and when I lock my doors it does it again and ends up leaving it un-locked I'm guessing thats another sensor out? The check engine light is always on. Not much of a gas saver to be honest. When you press on the gas it takes so long to kick off and makes a loud noise, when you shift gears it literally pops and the car shakes. The radio is not loud. Once I was on the interstate and my car just went into neutral, if a car was behind me it would have rammed into me. I have also been at stop lights and my car won't move because the sensor will think its in neutral. Never let a young adult drive this car they will not be safe!!!!!!! I fear of getting into an accident everyday.

good lil car
By Tena Moore Holbrooks

2007 Suzuki Forenza 4dr Sedan w/ABS (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

my 2007 forenza has been very dependable. i passed a few higher priced, newer cars on the side of the road during our snow storm last week. but, me and my forenza got to our location just fine. alot of it has to do with how well you maintain your auto. i have a 2007 with 130k miles with regular oil changes and a recent tune up i look to get many more. and the gas mileage - great!!!!!

FUN TO DRIVE, GAS MILEAGE

MAYBE A LITTLE MORE COMFORT ESPECIALLY ON LONG DRIVES. BUT ALL IN ALL IT'S WORTH THE MONEY. GOOD CAR - GOOD PRICE

Regularly Check for a Recall
By jackie_o

2007 Suzuki Forenza 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

In one sense, I love my car.
Because it is my car, and it looks okay.
But that's where my affection for the Suzuki ends.
I bought this in 2008 from Carmax with 10,000 miles on it.
Within one week the transmission slipped and I learned about the faulty sensor.
It was replaced.
Resurfaced 2 mos. later, so it was reset.
And again, and again. Have dealt w/ the "check engine" light and transmission slip for 5 years.
No one has the answer nor can they fix it except temporarily.
It's ridiculous.
I keep expecting to see a recall to no avail.
Also:
Shoddy paint /
flaking wheel cover.
Cracked pillar trim (I often see this on passing Forenzas).
Awful. Be not tempted by the price.

Generally a good looking car for the price.

Recall the vehicle in lieu of the transmission issues and ever present check engine light. This is really bad news.

Good Start Bad Finish
By hawtsauc3

2007 Suzuki Forenza 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The negative reviews on this are pretty accurate. I bought mine in 2008 (it's a 2007) with 17500 miles on and it was great up until i paid it off. Over this last year it's slowly deteriorated along with a massively depreciated value. The negative reviews say between 60k and 100k miles problems start and lo-and behold on my day off yesterday the check engine came on the the transmission started acting up. Got the system re-set and was told it will probably break again. Traded it in today. It's a decent care for the price but once problems start its all downhill.

The price was cheap. Decent cabin size compared to competition. Overall value is pretty good.

Built like a typical GM car (which it technically is). Runs until it's broken and then its a pile of junk after that.

Edmunds, get your facts straight
By kingston4

2007 Suzuki Forenza 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car back in APR' 2012 with 61K miles. I've now got 81K miles on it and I'm lucky enough to have 2 relatively close Suzuki dealerships that still honor the original warranty on it. Edmunds says this car has 127HP, no, it has 137hp. Edmunds says this vehicle has a loose handling system, NO, it has a McPhereson (one of the best) strut system up front, and multi-link in the rear with SSPS, being a test/pro driver for 2 years I find this suits the FF layout of this vehicle perfectly. Edmunds states all these strange 'facts' yet they have no road test review, nor do they have any proof that anyone even drove the thing!

Styling, handling for a FF is superb given the limitations GM placed on the manu. process. Enough torque to get to speed when necessary, roomy interior, quality transmission. Outstanding warranty.

If they (Suzuki) had used a greater build quality, which is impossible for ANY Korean car manufacturer (*cough* kia, Hyundai), this would have been a great vehicle.