Used 2006 Suzuki Forenza Consumer Reviews - 115 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Suzuki Forenza

View reviews for a specific Forenza model:

buyer beware!!!
By marco

2006 Suzuki Forenza Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

When we got our first Suzuki we just loved, not long after that we noticed that the driving was getting really nasty and noisy, the door handles started to brake and fall off, and then the front suspension started to give us problems, all this is aggravated by the fact that we have to deal with such uncaring team on the service department. If you must deal with them please tell them in writing what the problem is otherwise they won't know what to do.

the shape of the car, but if it doesn't work I guess it doesn't matter.

Electrical systems, front suspension, motor, door handles.......should I go on?

Reliable!!!
By I Like It!

2006 Suzuki Forenza 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I went from owning a Grand Prix to purchasing this vehicle. The gas mileage is good but could be better! Compared to a honda civic, This vehicle is more comfortable and roomy. I have not had any starting problems with the vehicle other than the time that it didn't have gas. its starts every time in the -30 degree weather we get in chicago! Up til now I'm recently having an issue with the transmission, hope its nothing serious!

heated side mirrors, integrated antenna, mp3 stereo.

standard cruise control, a transmission dip-stick to check the fluid level, and easier access to changing the headlight bulbs!

Battery Problems & Transmission Censor
By D.Jones

2006 Suzuki Forenza 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my car since 2006 and it has been problem after problem. First my Transmission censor went out which cost me roughly $200.00 dollars. The transmission is still skipping sometimes when I drive. Now the batter will not keep a charge. I have had everything check thoroughly and the watts on my alternator, starter are good. Replaced the batter and the card still have problems. I have checked and there is no recalls on this car for major things such as this.

NONE

Fix the cars!!!! Improve the electrical system, censors, better transmissions, motors.

Lousy
By A chump

2006 Suzuki Forenza 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Fuel economy turned out to be lousy. Companies say 21 MPG in the city. That might be the one they tested. But the one I had only 17 MPG in the city. Going city to city was 19 MPG. Facts are facts. That's why I got rid of it.

Don't know much about cars. It wasn't all that comfortable. I have a bad back. Overall, it looked nice, but that was surface only.

Too late to make improvements on a model that has already been taken out of production for 2006.

So unreliable it is scary
By Jessica

2006 Suzuki Forenza 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the car a little over a month ago. About two to three weeks after I bought the car, I went into the store for groceries and came back out to have the car not start at all. When I turned the key, the car didn't even make a sound like it was trying to turn over. Had to get car jumped. Bought new battery thinking that was the problem. Hours later I went out for something and it did it again. Had car into dealership the next day and they couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. I traded in a Ford Escort for this. I miss my old car. I drive with a jump box now and have to use it to start the car sometimes. I'm scared I'll get stranded somewhere.

cd player (although that sometimes will stop working too)

I have no idea where to begin. Maybe discontinue the car? I regret buying mine. Car seems to have the not starting/dead battery-like problem when it's over 80+ degrees and I use the a/c. I'm really scared to drive it. Lots of problems with it not starting.