Used 2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan Consumer Reviews - 99 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan

View reviews for a specific Forenza model:

Wow, lots of bad reviews here
By bb4t

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After driving it for a week, the clutch plate was slipping according to them so they fix it for free of course. Since then, the car has been great. I now have 95,000 miles and I literally have done nothing to it expect oil changes! My battery lasted until 94,000 miles! Sure I have issues...need rear shocks replaced, leaking a little antifreeze but hey, I ain't paying for it if I don't need to. I actually prefer a small antifreeze leak, it saves me from spending hundreds of dollars flushing the system. I love driving this car with a manual. Those of you burning through tires, I do too but that's bc I like driving rough. You can get different tires with more tread if you're concerned.

JUNK
By floyd93

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The rest of the reviews pretty much cover it, but so you don't think 'maybe there are just a few bad ones' let me add my 2 cents, 1 cent more than I would pay for another Suzuki! This thing will rip through brakes and tires faster than I thought possible. Had a transmission issue at less than 30,000 miles that some how was not covered under their great warranty. Don't even bother with their customer relations department, that is a joke in itself. Another Transmission problem at 70,000 miles, oh this was covered by the warranty but somehow the radiator needed to be replaced at the end of the service. Don't ask me???

No favorite features, but I ran out of room in the first box. The service centers absolutely are the worst. I have never felt so degraded in my life. Expect to wait a lifetime to get any warranty/ recall work performed. I imagine it might have something to do with the 1,000's of other vehicles waiting in line.

I would not recommend this car to anyone. Stay far away, there are way better vehicles for the price out there.

Worst car I've ever owned
By jerushah

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the car new from the dealer and have had problems with it from day one. The interior handles broke off, it rattles, jerks when put into reverse, check engine light comes on all the time, dents easily, paint started coming off within a week, have had to put over $1500 into repairs, and now I have to pump the accelerator to get the thing to start. I will never buy another product from them. The car is total junk and should be recalled.

The CD player still works.

Recall the thing already!

more problems than its worth.
By rgunn1

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

While i do like the looks and comfort of this car, and initially thought it was an excellent car, my opinion rapidly changed.
The throttle sensors have gone out twice (at my expensive of course), the check engine light comes on & stays on ''its nothing'' says suzuki who then reset it, only for it to come on a day later.
and now, i have a rattle that they cant give me a straight answer on. one mechanic says wheel bearings, another said its the transfer case (its front drive and doesnt have a transfer case!!! good job suzuki training your mechanics), another says its the exhaust shielding.
but no one will put
it in writing what the problem is. the car is junk, better off with a bicycle.

i do think the car is attractive from an exterior standpoint.

everything. low quality sheetmetal dings way too easily. engine and transmission are total junk. squeaks and rattles after a few thousand miles are put on the car. suggestion: stop selling the car, recall the ones that are already sold, OR get competant dealer mechanics who can actually diagnose then fix a problem.

I like !!
By roy71

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Well, we got the Forenza 6 months ago with 29,000 miles. It now has 36,400 miles and only "problem" was one bent rim, which was no cost to us, the dealer even put a new tire on it for us =) I think its fun to drive, we have the 5speed manual. The design is really awesome, it beats the boring civic or corolla hands down. It has proven reliable so far. It seems like you get a really bad Forenza or a really good one. Ive read the reviews, after we bought it, if i would had read them before we bought it, honestly i probably would not have purchased it, but i dont regret purchasing it =)

Looks very stylish and stands out in the parking lot. The materials quality is great in the interior. My personal opinion is you get more than what you pay for!! the brakes are great (4 wheel disc). The acceleration is good for a car of this size(with the manual tranny) i like the speed sensitive power steering, it makes the steering kind of sporty if you ask me.

The paint on the plastic rim covers comes off in the car wash over time, but those can be replaced for a decent price. The paint on the door handles comes off easy. The suspension is a bit mushy and squeaks some, but i must say it does have a nice ride =) Overall i think you get more than what you pay for. But save yourself the headache and buy a Forenza with the manual transmission, the automatic is slow and breaks down alot (read the reviews) A lot of the reviews of this car really stink, but people do seem to dwell on the bad points and forget to write about all the good things. Hope this review helps =)