Used 2005 Suzuki Forenza Consumer Reviews - 110 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Suzuki Forenza

View reviews for a specific Forenza model:

Would I buy a Forenza again?
By GW Morten

2005 Suzuki Forenza S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

As I take the Forenza to the shop AGAIN, I ask myself if I would buy this one again. No. Not likely. This car has cost us more in the time we have owned it (purchased new) than any other we own or have owned. MPG says 21-22. Have RARELY gotten 20 (more often 16-18). DON'T try to drive in slippery conditions (rain or ice), because you will likely need to be pushed out of the way. I have had equivalent Toyotas in the past, and NEVER had a question about use in winter. Not so, the Forenza. Also, tires are NON-STD size ($$), 7yr/100k warranty is severely limited. It drives ok, but would I get another Suzuki product based on our experience? Sadly, and very disappointedly, No.

Styling isn't bad. Adequate leg room.

N/A since this model has disappeared from the fleet, but otherwise, I would figure out why it is so BAD in adverse weather. I would put a more gas-stingy engine under the hood. Short of that, it would be not a good deal.

Never Again
By Very Unhappy

2005 Suzuki Forenza EX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This vehicle has been a problem from the first month of purchase. First it would jut die while driving, then it idled all over the place, transmission (automatic) is rough and jumps a bit coming out of 2nd gear. And now the engine began making alot of noise so I took it in and the repairs are not being covered by that oh so wonderful warranty. I have been told three different causes for this trouble from the samw dealership mechanic. I don't believe they know what they are doing there. I will never own another suzuki again! Poor quality and poor customer service!

Nice sound quality. Plenty of cargo space.

Scrap the whole suzuki line and start over.

Hit or Miss
By Tigran

2005 Suzuki Forenza EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Problems are minor so far. Bought it almost brand new with 4k miles on. AC needs repair every summer, but was covered by warranty so were some recalls. Fuel economy is fair but should be a lot better. Lacks power but overall good value for the money.

Cassette player is great for ipod, steering audio controls

More power

Long Travels!
By Steven

2005 Suzuki Forenza S 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I would have to say that this little car has very good fuel economy (28/31mpg). I bought the car new and have really put it through its paces. I have taken it from southern Kentucky down to Miami at about 1100 miles, three times. Most of the miles put on this car are highway. A/C went out after about 36000 miles with the warranty running out at 35000. The seat cloth pulls away and doesn't matter if you put it back on track or not. Its a five speed so that may be why I am gettting better gas mileage than most of the reviews. I had to take it in for some recalls with the water pump and my dim lights went out because of the wirring harness. Overall not impressed but it's still running.

Still running but has some bad noises and it looks like a breakdown is in the near future.

Squeeze some more power from the engine. The A/C should be part of the recalls on this car.

Great Hauler
By Drumdonald

2005 Suzuki Forenza S 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this wagon when my pick up died (of course in front of the dealership). I looked really smart because the price of gas went through the roof right after I bought it. The only problems I have had was first it eats tires which I remedied by going to a 60 series tire instead of the 55 that it comes with. The other problem was when a critter ate the wire harness. The dealer fixed and was able to get most of the cost covered under warranty. I get over 30 mpg and drive the care everyday to work and to drumming jobs. The car holds so much that we take on our vacations even though my wifes car is bigger. It is great car but too bad Suzuki has discontinued it for 09.

The styling and the stereo. Both great.

Should have a little less road noise, but no big deal.