Used 2004 Suzuki Aerio Consumer Reviews - 83 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Suzuki Aerio

View reviews for a specific Aerio model:

2004 Suzuki SX AWD auto
By bren

2004 Suzuki Aerio SX AWD 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Aerio used with 10,000 miles and it currently has 56,000 miles. Overall my Aerio has been reliable, although the brake pads and rotors seem to require replacement more quickly than in other vehicles.

I like the roominess, high seating position/ease of entry/exit and AWD option. I also like the digital speedometer (it's gone for '06). The outside temperature reading and strong A/C (which doesn't seem to hurt the already disappointed fuel economy) are great.

Improve fuel economy. I get low 20s city and low to mid 20s hwy. With 155 hp, the performance should be better than "average" for this class. The driver's armrest is so narrow that it is useless to me. Maybe I'm just too wide. :) The rear defog on my Aerio has never been very effective...

Good Basic Car
By Ann

2004 Suzuki Aerio S Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The ownership of my Aerio has been very easy. Gas-up and drive. Of course, change the oil every 5,000 miles.

The high seats are very easy to get in and out of.

Use better paint, and higher quality on the body. Further, add an arm rest between the front seats.

Excellent, Fun and Cute!
By Alexis Vargas

2004 Suzuki Aerio LX Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I can tell my Suzuki Aerio is an excellent, fun, and cute car. It hasn't given me any problems so far. I have only changed the tires this month and I have been monitoring its oil and filter.

My favorite feature is the odometer and tachometer. Is 100% digital, very cute, and makes it fun to see how the number grows while you drive the car. The stereo system is great and the car it self catches people's attention.

I suggest one that it would be really good if it had its own area for the front passenger to rest his arm (passenger side arm rest). It only has a driver's side arm rest. Another thing that would catch people's attention is a moonroof. Oh man, that would be a hot on the Suzuki Aerio!

My newest purchase
By Ashley

2004 Suzuki Aerio SX Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

My husband and I purchased a 2004 Aerio SX Wagon Standard on May 1, 2006 to replace my Ford Ranger XLT, which I was putting 45 dollars in gas a week into. I haven't measured the gas mileage, all I know is now I'm only paying 25 dollars a week in gas, as opposed to the 45, which is great. I do a lot of interstate driving to and from work, and this car has so much more oomph than my Ranger did. It's very roomy for being a smaller car, and the storage is great. I love the storage in the trunk.

I love the mirror defroster, I think that has to be my favorite feature in the car, in Florida where mornings can be very humid it really helps visually to have that. I also love how the seats fold completely down in the back..this made going from a truck to a car much easier.

Improve the paint. We have only had the car for a little over a month, after getting it detailed we noticed dripping marks down the paint. We took it into the dealerships body shop, the paint was oxidizing. After arguing the dealer agreed to paint it, it's under warranty, I don't get why I had to fight for it.

Fun Car, Has Everything I Wanted
By yoyobob

2004 Suzuki Aerio SX Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This little car has everything I wanted including power. If I was to improve it I would reduce the power a bit and try to get a bit better gas mileage. I can fit all the camping gear, bikes and freinds I want into it. I'm now hauling my new Kayak on top and it has worked out great. I love this car.

This car comes with a lot of great features that are costly add-ons in Toyotas.

Improve the gas mileage. Still, I get 32 on the freeway and 26 around town. That gets me around pretty cheaply and I believe this car has a lot of great features.