Used 2003 Suzuki Aerio Consumer Reviews - 115 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Suzuki Aerio

View reviews for a specific Aerio model:

Fantastic
By S.K.T.Kumar

2003 Suzuki Aerio SX Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this 2003 Suzuki Aerio as brand new. WoW. a lot to say about good thing. very roomy, so comfortable, very very good on gas on FWD vehicle. I had few problems on this car too. The wheel alignment goes bad so frequently. at least every year I have to do wheel alignment. Breaks are very good. Engine is so super. less noise compare to other cars on its class. The other problem is, The quality of the body, They made in cheap material. The front bomber get damaged easily. The side skirt that came with it as original also very cheap material. I don't have them in my car right now. They were flew away years ago. High way drive in fantastic. very comfortable view. Totally its a super car.

A/C, power group, 60/40 folding rear seat and good enough space while the rear seats are fold. very cheap maintenance. super economical car, right now I have 250000KM on it but still it drives like brand new. very smooth engine, very less noise from the engine. heating is okay.

As this cars originally made in Japan, there is not much suggestions to say, and also this model cars are no more in production. But; The body quality is very poor material. Need arm rest. Sun roof would be nice.

Great Little Wagon
By Salena

2003 Suzuki Aerio SX Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I'm a college student who needed a new car, and I lucked out with my Aerio. Both my father and I fell in love with this car within minutes of driving it for the first time, and after a few months of ownership, and a once over by Suzuki, I am happy to say I have not experienced any major problems. My radio had to be replaced upon purchase and the light in the temperature/clock display didn't work, not major problems. Found out this was a rental car before I owned it, so considering that its in great shape!

I love the digital dashboard, I feel that it is really easy to read. The interior is really roomy. I am getting between 28 & 30 mpg. The styling of this car is wonderful, it really turns heads and stands out (My aerio is red), I'll never lose my car in a lot again! Overall, I LOVE this car.

Not that it's being made anymore, but: sunroof, coin holder, intermittent rear wiper, and better body materials (the metal is very thin, and the paint chips SO easily) would all be nice. Otherwise, great car!

Great car, cheap plastic
By Lish

2003 Suzuki Aerio SX Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Overall I am very pleased with this car. It gets great gas mileage. It is compact, but is surprisingly roomy inside. I purchased this car used at 66k and am at 105k now and have never had a mechanical issue. I love the look of the vehicle, but I do think it sits too low. I have to be very careful in parking lots and driveways because the car will scrape.

I love the roomy interior. Great storage space in the back, plenty of room for a full sized stroller and more. Great gas mileage. Cute body style, fun colors available.

Unfortunately this car has a lot of cheap plastic trim. The door panel fell off on the inside and the outer trim fell off as well. Lots of "plastic snaps" and Styrofoam hold this car together - you gain in mileage but lose in durability.

Great care for small people
By anne myers

2003 Suzuki Aerio SX Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

When first purchased had a problem with windshield wipers going off on a sunny day - did turn them on - keyless lock and interior dome light. Finally found the problem in the rear wiper electrical hookup. Fixed and not a problem since. 52,000 miles and just put new brakes on. Tires about one year ago. For a small person, women particularly it is a great car for driving and easy to handle. Great capacity for hauling when the rear seats are down for extra cargo space. Great mileage - go 400 hundred miles to New York state and still have 1/4 tank of gas left. My husband is 6 ft and I am 5 ft and the car fits us both.

the electronic dash is what sold me on this car as i had one in my old 1987 Chrysler lebaron. several older people who rode with me would like all cars to have these dashes as they are so early to see. second, sitting in the drivers seat was a perfect fit for a 5ft tall person.

went to car show and the new suzuki's do not have the electronic dash - please bring is back as this may deter me from buying another suzuki. if your dashes are like the other small wagons i will shop around. it was the biggest selling point for me and also the adjustable seat.

Great car with great mileage
By John

2003 Suzuki Aerio GS Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been great. I bought it three years ago with 32,000 for $4500. I am now at 180,000 and still going strong. The only problems I have had is struts and CV axles, nothing else. I would recommend these cars to anyone wanting a cheap transportation option.

Gas Mileage and acceleration.

Wish it had cruise control for long drives, but that's it.