Used 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek SUV Consumer Reviews - 69 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek SUV

View reviews for a specific XV Crosstrek model:

Don't bother buying
By luism2013

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek SUV Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Car consumes way to much oil for a brand new car. Never thought I would spend so much on just oil. Spend more time getting oil for the car then I do getting gas. My oil light came on right after I purchased the vehicle and had the dealer see what was wrong they said it was just low. After topping it off I began my trip home and on an empty road the oil light came on had to drive it several hundred me to get oil. Took it in to a dealer and say the car normally burns 1 quart every 1200 miles. You do an oil change every 7000 miles that's 5-6 quarts of oil at 10 bucks a quart. Never had any problems. So with other vehicles first and last subaru I personally buy. Also the car over revs.

The looks of the car aren't bad. Also not bad looking on the interior. The handling is also good on the vehicle. Everything else you can find e on any other car.

Should burn so much oil. Subaru needs to fix this problem and reimburse owners. Or at least have dealers inform customers they will have to fill the oil as much as you do gas. If making trips make sure you carry pack oil with you. The vehicle over revs a lot and does not pick up speed quick therefor is over working for no reason.

Crosstrek Problems
By catskhiker

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek SUV Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 2013 Crosstrek with 35,000mi purchased in 2012. It eats a qt of oil aprx every 12-1500 mi. The manual says this is normal for a boxer engine. I've had many boxer engines & NONE of the others ate oil. It also eats the right rear tire. You have to buy AWD tires in groups of 4, so this is expensive. I sorta like the car & love the look, but my old vw bug had more pep. Both have manual trans. Seriously considering trading it in. edit: I traded it in on a Toyota

Lack of power/ CVT, delayed acceleration
By av98

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

If possible they need to add more power, and subaru need to fix CVT delayed acceleration
I guess engine has to be 2.5L or 3.0L or more.. And last thing is the noise!!!!! Its annoying. Everthing else on the car is good..

Ground clearance and symetrical awd

Power, engine, noise, cvt improvement

Not For Big People
By connrailfan

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my Subaru XV Crosstrek in August of 2013. It was peppy and fun to drive. They are nice looking cars and have a nice feel for the road. Compared with other cars I test drove, the Crosstrek had less modern, and not thought out dashboard. For example: The main gauges are red, which is great at night, but there are two glaring blue panels in the dash too that compete. There aren't as many gauges as other cars too, mostly warning lights. The dash bezels also squeaked on bumps. I'm a 5' 10" man. I had the seat all the way back. Three months with the car I started have back issues from the seats that grew worse. By this spring it was difficult for me to drive for any length of time.

5/1/16- I sold the Crosstrek soon after I wrote the initial review. The Subaru seats did create a problem with my back. BTW- I never had any back issues until I bought the SV Crosstrek. It took a zillion visits to the chiropractor and about a year driving another vehicle before my back felt better. I never asked the doctor, but I think it might have been my hips that had the real trouble with the Crosstrek seats. I know many people who drive this car with no problems, but I also know some others who had a similar experience to me. If you are having an issue, get rid of the car! The first clue is you will find yourself stuffing pillows in the lumbar area of the seat. I took a big financial hit, but decided my back or hip problems were definitely from the Crosstrek. AND THEY WERE! I sold the car after 8 months and 15,000 miles and have not regretted it.

Fun to Drive, but not on long drives
By bobjeeps

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek SUV Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Very fun to drive, handles very well around corners, has a very good solid feeling. Easy to get in and out of and to park. Well laid out control panel. Love the looks of the car, I get allot of complements everywhere I go. I'm getting about 26,27 mpg mix driving.

Handling is very sure and stable. Style a little different, better than Ford, Toyota.

Allot of road noise on the highway. No tint on the windshield! The ride and seats are awfully hard. The radio has very poor sound quality. Poor quality, cheap carpet.