Used 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek Consumer Reviews - 69 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific XV Crosstrek model:

Great little car
By Lc

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

In/out easy hip height seats

works great
By l c

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

good small car with super price

I thought they were supposed to be dependable
By Karen

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this Subaru brand new. I liked it at first but found out quickly that it uses A LOT of oil! I was told it's because of the light oil it uses. I put oil in this car more than any other car I've ever owned!! I travel 80 miles to and from work 5 times a week. I took EXTREMELY good care of this car. Faithfully having the oil and filters changed at the dealership as per their suggestions. Having the tires changed or rotated/balanced at their suggestion as well as brakes checked frequently and replaced. Always took to a Subaru dealer and trusted them totally. Now, at 70, 000 miles, I was hearing noises in the front end when I made a turn. I bring it to the Subaru dealer only to find out the front axles are worn to the point they need to be replaced!! What?? This is unheard of in a 2013 car! I plan on taking this 1000.00 dollar fix to the Subaru corporate HQ!! Never buy this car.

Frustrated
By Steph

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have 70,000 on my 2013 cross trek, I have had both front axels replaced due to both failing, I've never gone off road or done anything but normal everyday driving. It took arguing and having to call Suburu directly but they did cover the cost of both. Now my car will not go out of park, apparently another malfunction this car is known for, being repaired tomorrow. I've driven a lot of cars over the years and this is by far the worse car I've ever had, I don't trust it. Shame on Suburu.

disappointed.
By Ira Blackburn

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We bought new 2013 Crosstrek knowing its limitations. We have 40,000 miles on the odometer and took it to the dealership to diagnose a noise in the front end. The Dealership diagnosed a broken front strut and a $700 repair. I've never heard of a car breaking a strut at 40k that wasn't wrecked or abused. We've gone from loving it to WTF? and hating it.