Used 2008 Subaru Tribeca Consumer Reviews - 76 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Subaru Tribeca

View reviews for a specific Tribeca model:

A Little over 2 years old
By Claire T.

2008 Subaru Tribeca Limited 5-Pass 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This car has more than enough power. Handles well under all weather conditions.

side mirrors, dual climate control, all wheel drive in the snow can't be beat.

Larger gas tank, express up/down on both front windows and My long legged husband could use a telescoping steering wheel. He also suggests a memory for the mirrors, not just the seats.

Subaru Groupie
By Subaru Groupie

2008 Subaru Tribeca Limited 7-Pass 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is my fourth Subaru. They have cornered the market on all wheel drive. You can beat the low center of gravity and feel for the road. My only wish is that they would widen and cushion the seats better. All in all, wouldn't trade in my Subie for anything else. Like any vehicle maintenance and good tires are the keys to the vehicle's longevity. Expect 200,000 miles

tribeca flat six
By rdg

2008 Subaru Tribeca Limited 5-Pass 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have been driving for 50 years and consider myself knowledgeable when it come to vehicles and this one is raising eyebrows where ever we go people ask me questions, the dash excites everyone also the engine when I explain flat six people say how come they have never heard about it, which is subaru's poor advertising.Take my advice just go see for yourself

Driving on long trips I find I am not as tired, strange I know but its true, sound system very good nice and clear, heated seat for my spouse

Fuel economy, extra gear in tranny

Best all wheel drive system
By RDG

2008 Subaru Tribeca Limited 5-Pass 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

We looked at all other SUVs and nothing came close, the design alone indicates how they take everything in consideration they take pride in designing a one of a kind, all other SUVs have plain dashes, also the engine is like no other, way ahead in all aspects. The all wheel drive has 33% less parts than the rest, reliability and resale far ahead of the others, don, t believe all these so called experts?

Styling, handling, safety features, quiet ride and quality and resale value

7 speed transmission

Needs some improvement
By jrod

2008 Subaru Tribeca Limited 7-Pass 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

We have had this vehicle for approx. 26 mo. and haven't had an issue with the engine and tranny. What we do have issues with is the interior coming apart,like the plastic behind the steering wheel decided it didn't want to stay clipped. As for the 7 passenger claim..mm maybe they should have called it a 51/2 passenger. an adult can fit if they sit sideways. For the drive quality my wife has beaten out many a sport car with it. Fuel economy we average 21.5-25 mpg hwy (no kidding) when we take it to the mountains for ski season otherwise the posted 16 mpg city is accurate not bad for an SUV. Considering I drive it at 80mph i cannot complain.

Very fun to drive especially in the winter. though the rear space isn't huge we can fit a lot of stuff back there. love the REAR A/C

Ditch the 3rd row or make the SUV bigger, improve the plastics )V.W. does it inexpensive and good looking. get rear heat i do have a hard time in the winter keeping the glass from fogging up. Telescoping wheel for us taller ppl. I'm not the tallest at 6' but its hard for me to adjust to fit right.