Used 2015 Subaru Outback Consumer Reviews - 169 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2015 Subaru Outback

View reviews for a specific Outback model:

Love the car HATE the battery problem
By njordan3

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl CVT)

I have replaced the battery once, have gone on longer drives to keep the battery charged, have had a software update so the battery will charge more and I trickle charge the battery several times a month and I still have been stranded four times in the last 30 days. I live in fear of leaving a dome light on or not closing the door properly when I park since I will have a 95% chance of the car not starting when I get back. This car is awesome and I love the way it drives and the lack of other issues it has had in the 3 years 7 months and 74799 miles that I have had it but it is now becoming a burden because of this issue. I am VERY Frustrated!. A few weeks ago I drove 460 miles in one day and the next morning the car would not start because a dome light had been on for 8 hours. I have never had that issue with any of the other cars I have owned.

Almost perfect
By Ed

2015 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We purchased this car and all was fine, the morning after it was 20 degrees we started the car and it knocked so bad I thought all of the rod bearings were shot. took the car back to the dealer and was told it was normal, no other explanation. when the car warms up the knock goes away. everything else about this car is fine except the clock which is hidden among the readout in lower center of .dash. I still want to know why it knocks when cold

Very nice car
By James Darcy

2015 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have owned my 2015 Subaru Outback for 3 years and have 52000 miles on it. Fuel economy has been 32 overall. Long road trips 55mph=39mpg, 60=36mpg, 65= 33.5mpg all measured at the pump instead of the inaccurate vehicle computer. The original Bridgestone tires are junk and were replaced at 30600 miles with much superior Michelen Defenders. Original 35 series battery is undersized for cold weather and all the accessories. I replaced it with an AC Delco group 24 with twice the reserve capacity with slight modifications to the battery blanket. Front seat comfort was an issue for me on long trips, sheepskin sideless seat covers from Costco took care of that. Overall I am very happy with the car and would definitely buy it again.

Roomy, capable and comfortable
By Steve M

2015 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've owned my 2015 Subaru Outback Premium PZEV for a little over two months, and, so far, it has been all I'd hoped for. The seats (this particular vehicle had leather seats added at dealership) are comfortable and supportive on the one long trip (seven hours each way) I've been on so far, the dash and center console controls are logical and mostly easy to use, and the ride is smooth and responsive. Subaru's EyeSight driver assistance works well, too, and it would be nearly impossible to find adaptive cruise control, lane-drift warning and blind-spot monitoring for less money. I even had a chance to drive the Outback in the kind of condition it's built for -- snow (a rare thing in the South), and its reputation as a winter-weather warrior is completely deserved. One thing you don't get from this model is off-the-line quickness. There is enough power and smooth shifts from the little boxer engine and CVT to get you easily through most commuter-type driving, but if you want rocket-launch capability in this type of vehicle, you'll need to look for something German with a lot bigger digits on the window sticker. But for anyone else satisfied with adequate acceleration, a comfortable cabin and advanced safety features in a capable, spacious wagon, the Outback is the way to go.

Great Car!
By Barry

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl CVT)

I have 53,000 miles on this car and love it!