Used 2014 Subaru Outback Consumer Reviews - 44 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2014 Subaru Outback

View reviews for a specific Outback model:

But this car
By Robert Spinna

2014 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I really enjoy driving this car. It Is comfortable, safe and reliable. Very little maintenance. Zero problems. I plan to buy the same car in 2017. Great trade in value. Subaru gets it right.

Love it!
By Matt M

2014 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Bought CPO 4 months ago, and love this car. I have been a Subaru fan for quite some time, and finally bought one. The best word to describe this car is practical. Combine that with Subaru reliability and quality, and you have a winner in my book. The seating/cargo space - I'm 6'2" and can sit comfortably in front or back seat - is excellent. The fuel economy is as expected - 28 combined - and considering AWD and the size of the vehicle, is above average. The CVT took some getting used to, but I've quickly adjusted to the changes and don't mind it much now. I appreciate the functionality of a CUV (ground clearance, cargo room, AWD, etc.) with a car like ride. My only minor gripe is with the braking, which can be a bit spongy. I'm not an aggressive driver, so it's barely noticeable, but in hard stop situations it shows up. Overall, I'm very happy with this vehicle and will continue to buy Subarus going forward.

Love my Colleen
By Kelly Furman

2014 Subaru Outback 2.5i PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I haven't had this car long. But I love it everything going I wanted in a car safety roomy

Love it!
By Magda Benavides

2014 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The Eyesight feature is fantastic!

Ultra Practical
By Kallst

2014 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've own the car for about 2 years now. No mechanical problems and it handles just as you would expect a 4 cy CVT car to handle. I have the Limited with Special Appearance Package so all the bells and whistles but it is not plush in any way just nice. I don't mind the slow acceleration because I just putz around town. The breaks are a bit soft and that is sometimes annoying. The seating is fine for me and my son who is 6' 2" says he is comfortable in the drivers seat or in the back seat so that works well. The cargo space is also spacious enough for the errands I run. Overall a very practical car.

The touch screen for the navigation system is not quick to respond and the notice it gives for turns is minimal so it is good to keep an eye on the map for upcoming turns. The Bluetooth thinks it needs to scroll through my emails on occasion leaving me with 20 min of "you have a new message" alerts that can only be ended by stopping and restarting the car. The dealer has a work around but it involves clearing the memory in the cache of the Bluetooth or for me to not save any text or email messages. I do consider this a safety issue since I cannot view the map during these times. I am trying to find out how to deactivate the message function but keep the Bluetooth for phone. The Dealer is still working on this one.