Used 2013 Subaru Outback Consumer Reviews - 80 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2013 Subaru Outback

View reviews for a specific Outback model:

I LOVE my Subaru
By Brenda

2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Try it and you will LOVE it! Amazing! Best car I have ever had!!!

great car bad mpg Update great car better MPG
By Joe

2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Love the car, hate the fuel mileage. After 25000 miles it dropped about 5mpg both city and highway. Now it goes from day to day what you will get. Most of the time city23 hyw 27. Best city 26 hyw 34. Last 5000 miles I averaged 23.2. Now have 59000 miles and the fuel mileage is back 26/30. Sometimes 34 hwy. I can't explain why it dropper for a year, but i'm glad it's back.

This is our third outback in a row AND OUR LAST!
By J.W. Hubbard

2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Be very aware before buying/trading for this model outback. We started with a 1996 - overall slightly above average car. Traded, after fighting with a dealer (First Team Subaru of Roanoke, Virginia) off & on for several years about all the trouble we had (loud grinding noises) with the front left brake/hub/rotor. Next was a 2004 outback from a dealer in Houston, Texas. Sure would like to have that car back. But, sadly, my wife was in a wreck shortly after we moved to Hot Springs, Arkansas in 2012 - a no fault accident, but the other driver was never charged with anything. Totaled! Not long thereafter we made the mistake of buying our 3rd outback from Riverside Subaru of Little Rock,Arkansas. Yet another uncaring dealer. Told them, after allowing time for break-in, of the pitiful mileage the '13 was getting - 18 in town, 22 on road, obviously 20 combined. Imagine our delight when we brought this up to the dealership & the response was "You think that's bad, mine gets worse than that.". And that is ALL they offered on the subject. Based on purchase date, the car is technically 4 years old & has only 35,000 miles on it (Hot Springs is small). But, as soon as the 5 year power train warranty has expired, we will be looking to trade for a BIG SUV - couldn't be much worse, if any. Also, the '13 has smaller cargo area than the last 2 outbacks, due to enlarging back seat room. The car does run fairly well for the most part, in it's defense, but I fear the stinking CVT is doing the gas mileage in - just can't prove it. No other real concerns worth mentioning. Thanks for bearing with me.

Versital
By Jimmy joe

2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

The all wheel drive system is the best in the business.car is 4 yrs. old now and runs great.

I love the ground clearance
By Lindsay

2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The main reason I bought this car is the ground clearance and the all wheel drive. I live in Wyoming and I need something that I could drive in bad weather without a worry. This vehicle is perfect