Used 2010 Subaru Outback Consumer Reviews - 248 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Subaru Outback

View reviews for a specific Outback model:

Great Car- but lack of features
By Jenni

2010 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Don't get me wrong, I really do love my Subaru. It has awesome gas mileage and goes great. Its the little things that you might just "expect" that I'm finding. Like: the passenger seat is manual and doesn't have the up and down movement or back support, if you put the window lock on you (as the driver) cannot work the windows either, when you turn the car off you cannot still listen to the radio or adjust the windows (even if a door hasn't been opened), I don't know about other models but on really hot days my air just isnt cold enough, there's a few other "little" things but I cant remember more right now

Large area in back for big dogs Great gas mileage Back seats have reclining motion

(read review!)

Mixed Feelings
By Fatty

2010 Subaru Outback 2.5i 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

The concept of the car is perfect. Excellent fuel economy, lots of cargo and passenger room and an available manual transmission (a rarity nowadays). The execution is less than perfect. A new rattle or two every day, wallowing handling (although the smooth ride is a decent consolation) and serious quality and safety defects. If you own a manual transmission equipped Outback (or will own in the future), make sure you get the TSB performed to fix the stalling issue (a major safety concern).

Fuel economy, utility and manual transmission

Please ditch the absolutely laughable stock radio. Fix the nagging quality issues! Consult with any of the number of manufacturers who understand suspension tuning. You shouldn't have to choose between a decent ride or your car not handling like a whale.

4.5 month review
By Linas

2010 Subaru Outback 2.5i 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The 2.5 L engine is plenty for highway acceleration and high altitude driving. I like the interior design and look. All the controls on the dashboard and steering wheel are comfortable and intuitive. The AC is sufficiently powerful. The music system is ok with the circle surround and speed adaptable volume features. The driver and passenger space is plenty. There is good front, side, and rear visibility. I like the cubby below the cargo floor. Initially I found the drive to be floaty and strongly affected by crosswinds and passing semi-trucks at highways speeds. So I replaced the rear sway bar with a thicker 19 mm STI bar and the ride improved considerably. I definitely recommend the car!

Remote engine starter AWD Huge cargo space

Increase the thickness of the stock 15 mm rear sway bar for better ride and handling.

Great car!
By Ryan

2010 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

So, I have had this Subie for a while now. I think its a great car! The 4 inch raise is welcome(you still dont have to worry about rolling like you do with SUVs). Now this car is no speed demon (don't mistake this for a WRX!), but it has plenty of get up and go. I went up a 16% incline with very sharp turns and had fun doing it going 40 (In manual mode of coarse :) ). This thing is going to stay on the road. One thing that surprised me, was the very nice sized gas tank(18.5 gallons). I fill up 1/2 as much now! If you live in a hilly area, be careful, I live in Oregon, So it's very hilly and the hills can eat gas up quick! I guess that will be for ANY car though!

CVT! I commute an hour every day to work. I used to go 70-75 to work just to get there. I leave 10 mins earlier, relax enjoy my ride going 65 and get 38 mpg (avg highway). I usually get 600-700 miles per tank (depending on my driving).

IPOD hook up for the love of god! I didn't realize the AUX would have so much buzzing to it(I am going to try a higher quality AUX cord though.)!

Vibration
By Bad Outback

2010 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have owned my Outback about 4 months and have had a consistent vibration that starts at 60 and goes to 71. Subaru is well aware of this problem and to date, has no fix. This is not my 1st Subaru, but may be my last. Factory Customer Service is very poor. Not what I would expect. I will not wait much longer for a fix before the Lemon Law comes into play. This is not effecting all Outbacks. I would highly recommend a lengthy test drive before you take delivery.

New transmission and styling.

Customer Service. Very disappointing.