Used 2010 Subaru Outback Consumer Reviews - 248 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Subaru Outback

View reviews for a specific Outback model:

Nice Crossover Vehicle
By blue

2010 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased 2.5i Limited CVT w/Wheel Arch Moldings! So far after over 500 miles, I'm getting a little over 28 mpg mixed highway/city driving. I'm surprised at the gas mileage. Vehicle drives smooth and is fun to drive. I think I'm in LUB! However, Every now and then I do hear this weird sound that sounds like a buzzing sound. Not sure what that is yet. I got a Silver one with the black Wheel Arch moldings. I highly recommend the Arch moldings because they give the vehicle a more bold appearance. I chose this vehicle over the following: Honda Pilot, Honda Crosstour, Toyota Highlander, BMW X3, Acura RDX, Volvo XC60, Audi A3, Chevy Equinox, GMC Terrain. I think I have test driven everything!

Wheel Arch Moldings, moon roof, leather seats, stereo, smooth ride, gas mileage,

Fold back mirrors, better heater(takes a while to warm up), BIGGER TIRES!!!

My 2007 was better
By PANORAL

2010 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My wife totaled our 07 outback without a scratch on her. I therefore replaced it with a 2010 limited. First off, I did not like the 'privacy' tinted Glass-it ruined the rear view. Secondly, the multifunction display is really a non-display, it is invisible in normal outdoor light and placed in a bad position. I had a homelink mirror on my '07 but this car came with only a dimming/compass vanity. The dealer wants about $200 to change it, the difference in price is only about $15. I'm not sure about the mpg gauge, it is rarely at neutral and pegs at max going downhill with the engine braking. I wish I had my 07 back!

Shifting paddles.Heating and cooling controls.Roof rack re-design.

Kill the tinted glass. Re-design the Multifunction display and put it closer to the driver (as in the 07 Outback). Make it VISIBLE! Revert to a traditional handbrake instead of a gimmicky electrical one. Lose some of the bulk-height and width-how many people use it off-road anyway.

Best Vehicle I've Ever Owned
By GNC

2010 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Took almost 12 weeks from order date until delivery, but was really worth the wait. This is by far the best vehicle I've ever owned, I love driving it. Drives like a much more expensive vehicle. Very responsive acceleration and braking. 3.6 engine has great power and still gets very good gas mileage, avg 21 mpg in city. Extremely comfortable seats. Excellent sound system. Performance in snow is outstanding. Holds the road like a magnet even in deep snow. Hands free phone system is disappointing, not easy to program or use. Heated seats work great but would prefer they turn off automatically when engine is turned off.

Very comfortable seats, electronic button for emergency break, good sound system, good gas mileage, very quiet, lots of power, excellent performance in snow/mud, feel safe when I'm in it.

Better hands-free phone system, seat warmers turn off when engine is turned off, fold away outside mirrors, better rear visibility

The next big thing available today
By Artemus

2010 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Sports Wagons are the thinking man's or women's SUV as they are roomy, environmentally friendly and much more fuel efficient. The new Subaru Outback is tomorrows car, today; at an affordable price point , with lots of comfort, value, high quality fit & finish. The ride is smooth over bumps and New York being the pothole capital of the world, the Outback makes driving a relaxing and less jarring event. The fuel economy is decent, not the 30mpg we want,still the v6 engine is quiet and powerful. The car has surprisingly fast pickup conquers steep hills with a full trunk with ease, fits in any environment, from long island's gold coast, to uptown Manhattan, without causing undue attention.

The car is an executive dream, handles well with a small turning radius, good sound system, comfortable seats and lots of room for five adults. It is a quiet car and interior and exterior fit & finish excellent. The car can take the perform responsively when loaded down with people and cargo.

30 Miles per gallon or better city has to be the goal, gas is a dwindling commodity and true luxury today means investing your cash to build wealth not handing it over at the pump. Also a pop up third row seat, and better reading lights would be helpful.

Former VW - BMW Owner
By bigchief

2010 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Made my decision to purchase after getting my BMW out of winter storage, became exhausted from the pounding of those run flat tires, just terrible. The ride is smooth, vehicle is sure footed, I now enjoy a relaxed commute. Purchased the 2.5 with manual transmission, just could not become convinced on the CVT. About 1,000 miles into it and has been enjoyable thus far.

AWD for winter and nice ground clearance. What good is AWD without clearance, too easy to get hung up. Ride comfort a good basic car without all that electronic crap that to me is useless.

The engine needs more grunt the 2.5 is weak, but mileage is nice for a AWD. That efficiency gauge is worthless, put in a temp gauge or something. Air control is poor at every setting you get air through the defroster vent, have not figured out the purpose of that.