Used 2008 Subaru Outback 2.5I Limited Wagon Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Subaru Outback Wagon

View reviews for a specific Outback model:

Our 2208 Ru is a Little Tight
By Barry

2008 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5I Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

We had a 1998 Ru Outback that we gave to our son and bought our 2008 Ru in July of 2007. The Ru rides great, has good mileage, 25MPG around town, it also looks great. Our Ru has been very reliable. Only problems so far has been a power steering arm that was leaking when we bought the car new. That was replaced under warranty. We have had an intermittent rattle under the car, especially when cold. Took it to two different Subaru dealers and they could not duplicate the problem. Went to our Subaru dealer in Flagstaff and they finally found the problem, something about the catalytic converter which will be replaced under warranty.

Great ride, once you are in the seats are very comfortable.

My wife loved the 1998 Ru so much she did not test drive the 2008. It is much smaller inside than our old RU. Little leg room in the back. I cannot get my knees under the steering wheel when the tilt is fully raised and the seat lowered. There is more room now with later models.

A Happy Subie owner
By A Happy Subie owner

2008 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5I Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I absolutely fell in love with this vehicle after I saw quite a few on the road driving around. After doing my research and going to this website (www.edmunds.com) and Subaru's website, reading all of the great comments people had on this particular vehicle, I was sold. I got the sport package with the heated seats and the heated mirrors. I think the heated seats will help me in those cold winter early mornings to work when i have to clear the sidewalks at a school where i work at.

The automatic seat (driver's). Also the aux. jack for the mp3 player I own. Also, like the fact that it is all wheel drive, which would make it perfect to drive in the snow.

Change the location of the aux. jack. Put it up on the actual stereo itself. Other than that, change nothing. It is perfect.

Pleasantly Impressed
By Rick Drewyour

2008 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5I Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first Subaru. For a utilitarian vehicle, it rides better than my Honda Accord. It handles great and I really like all the safety features. Easy exit/entry with the higer ground clearance. Sunroof is noisy when only wing is opened. Mileage is 25 mixed and 30 on the highway. Good looks and sporty feel.

Ride comfort. Safety ratings. Solid feeling and sounding car. Fuel economy.

Not impressed with Bridgestone Potenza tires. Noisy sunroof. Auto temp control always starts in a/c mode no matter what the temp is.

First Subaru
By Stan Thompson

2008 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5I Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I like the combination of great looks (dark gray), good economy (23.5 mpg 70% city while driving briskly) and the comfort of the interior. Absolutely zero problems in 19,725 miles. Love the extra large moonroof and the AC copes easily with Phoenix summers. The car is everything I was expecting and more.

Comfort, ease of entry (not too high), reliability, responsive and surefooted handling, good visibility and all round practicality. At this price point the sound system is a pleasant surprise.

Very much needs at least one more gear in the A/T to assist the engine to stay in its power band, especially when climbing long grades. Car bottoms at the rear with five adults and luggage on board much more than it should. A proper coin holder would be a nice plus. A bit more leg room in back.

Shudda kept my Beloved Baja
By Ray

2008 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5I Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I traded in a very nice 03 Subaru Baja and stayed with Subaru because of the splendid 5+ years experience I had with my Baja. In general, the Outback looks just fine and the Limited model has a nicely appointed and comfortable interior. However, the MPG on the outback is not very impressive … 24.2 hwy (recent trip) and something under 20 around a very rural town. When compared to my Baja at 29 hwy and 24 town, I’m loosing almost 82 miles per tank on the hwy (worth $11.00+/tank at todays prices and subject to increase in the future). All in all, really wish I had kept my beloved Baja.

All wheel drive and overall utility of the vehicle (seating room/comfort, towing capacity, rear storage capacity, etc.) is excellent. Very cool, very large sunroof.

Ride is too firm, almost harsh. Maybe because of the recommended 33/lb air in tires. Low beam headlights are also odd. Some sort of height limiter on the beam, which is a real nuisance on darker rural, hilly roads. Can drastically reduce the length of road illuminated in front of you. Mileage!