Used 2007 Subaru Outback Consumer Reviews - 80 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Subaru Outback

View reviews for a specific Outback model:

subaru
By baillargeon

2007 Subaru Outback 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Very good winter vehicle, excellent in snow & on ice. Good fuel economy. Lots of power, good handling. Pleasure to own & drive this vehicle.

Can't mention any favorites, like every feature about this vehicle.

The tilt steering is not that great.

Best of many worlds
By Dave

2007 Subaru Outback 2.5i Basic 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

My 2007 Subaru Outback is not a power vehicle, but it has enough power to take off if need be. The all wheel drive is great off-road and in the snow with the ride in both areas as calm as can be expected. I love having the wagon space when I need it, though I have run into times when I can't fit what I would like because the car is too short or not wide enough with the wheel wells. Gas mileage is right at 26 mph no matter how I drive. Freeway trip mileage is around 28.

Usable space. All wheel drive.

I do not like the no frame windows. Everybody grabs them to close the doors. I would like to see a more useful payload, as its only listed at 950 lbs in my version.

Feel safe
By Mary

2007 Subaru Outback 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

My last vehicle was a Hyundai suv in which I had no problems with, but being an outside sales rep. I needed a car with better safety features and better gas mileage and I found it with the Subaru outback. I feel very safe in this car it handles the road in all kinds of bad weather especially the snow! This is the 1st cat that I did not have to put snow tires on. I tinted the windows on the rear and back to make the car look a little sharper and allows more privacy I would definitely purchase another Subaru product!

Love the cloth heated seats, the cargo cover in the hatchback area (easy to clean)engine rides quiet, great handling car! I can drive in slushy snowy roads with ease.

Make the back seats adjustable for long traveling (sitting to straight)darker interior for all color cars I have white exterior and beige interior ( too light) the glove compartment needs to be bigger. change the outside design to keep the aerodynamic quality,but a more modern look as the new forest

Good car, great value
By LL

2007 Subaru Outback 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first Subaru. I can't report on reliability yet but I think the car is much undervalued (Audi, Volvo?). I actually left the US and brought it with me to Europe (it costs about double here!); drove it across the continent during winter, pulls you nicely out of snow, handles well on the dry road (although certainly not like a BMW), okay mileage but rather poor at high freeway speeds (I guess it's the AWD, ground clearance and relatively big size, btw, backseats down and the cargo sleeps 2 people v. comfy), feels friendly, safe, uncomplicated yet sufficiently equipped, practical and robust, non-flashy and well respected. Maintenance + engine compartment will be the next frontier.

I like, of course, the AWD-wagon combination and versatility (you're driving a car not a truck!) the cargo space, the easy cruise control, the friendly, balanced interior, the safety features and feel that you can go anywhere anytime with this car.

Framless windows hazardous, get frames; body steel too thin, easily dentable; more back passenger legroom; a little more power (for accelerating/passing); higher gear ratio or 6th gear for freeway mileage; longer clutch run; better speakers (more bass); eliminate high-pitch noise from daylights;

A reliable cold-country vehicle
By Ed

2007 Subaru Outback 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Outback. Sold first one, a 2000, in '07 with 175 thousand miles bought this. Very reliable, as was the 2000. The driver power seat's been improved, (2000 was poor) altho still could offer more positioning. Standard 2.5 has a little more power, which is nice and it still gets about the same mileage. Car's heavy on safety, which appeals to some. Wish they'd concentrate more on performance and mileage. That said it's not bad in the latter two. I think safety issues are better addressed more by skillful driving. They eliminated the weather radio band which I think was a mistake, I used it a lot.

2.5 engine, good power/mileage/ reliability compromise. Tight cabin, good aerodynamics for a wagon.

Weather radio. Less buzzers and safety/security reminders. Continue to work on mileage without sacrificing performance. Improve driver's power seat to more positions.