Used 1992 Subaru Loyale Consumer Reviews

$730 - $1,877

Used Loyale for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Not a bad car.

Simon, 10/12/2002
4dr Wagon 4WD

Although this is a rather dependable veh, the biggest problem is the repair costs. The replacement parts for this car are insane. Many times mechanics, other than actual Subaru delears, are unable or unwilling to do the work due to the complexity of the design. For a low end automobile this not a good thing.

1992 Subaru L 4 dr sedan

Nir Alperovitz, 03/18/2002
4dr Sedan

I own this car for ten years now, since new. absulutly the most reliable car ever produced by any car company. Interior design is simple and user friendly. performance is ok but fuel efficiency is superb for the size of its engine. Its an all weather all terrain car that will last forever.

OK, but flawed

sub_guy, 12/28/2002
4dr Wagon 4WD

The Loyale is a fairly decent car, but at this date in time, the 1992 is probably not for most. There are some stupid design flaws, most noticably that the catalytic converter is right next to the CV boot. The result is that I have had to replace the axle twice in the three + years I have owned it. Plus, old Subarus are notorious for leaking oil. No balls in 4cyl engine.

Built to run

KeithL, 04/27/2003
4dr Sedan

I've had my Loyale for almost a year now. I use it every day for work, running 5-7 hours straight at a time. It is a very boring style of vehicle, but is the most reliable car I have ever owned. With 160k, I am not afraid to drive it anywhere. As for oil leaks, I had one around the oil pump, so replaced it along with a leaky water pump and new timing belts. Not a drop of oil anywhere now! For $150 in parts and 6 hours work, I can't complain. It is comfortable to drive and all the power options still work, even with Michigan weather!

A Most Unimpressive Car

David , 02/15/2021
4dr Wagon 4WD

I remember my parents buying one in 1992, brand new. It had the pickup of a wheelbarrow. It was slow and the RPMs were very high at highway speeds. When it snowed, the four-wheel drive was activated by a button, and it worked, but the engine had such a small amount of horsepower and torque, it wasn't able to pull you through it most of the time. It wasn't long after my parents paid it off that they got rid of it. Too slow, too weak and very boring.