2021 Subaru Legacy Sedan Consumer Reviews

$22,895

Save as much as $190
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Excellent car.. luxurious drive

SamK, 05/13/2021
Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The car is outstanding in luxurious feel and smooth quiet drive, better than most luxury cars. Very spacious with plenty of cargo space in trunk. I find this car severely underrated. Minor issues with the car start-stop feature that you cannot permanently turn off.

2021 xt

Bill, 06/01/2021
Limited XT 4dr Sedan AWD (2.4L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Car has plenty of power. Plush ride, large trunk, plenty of room for 4 adults. You can squeeze 5 in but it will be tight in the rear seat. Heated seats dont get as hot or heat up as fast as the ones on the 2019 crosstrek i had. Some features you habe to scroll through a couple screens to find on the infotainment. Only fot about 25-27mpg on highway till i hit 5000-6000 miles, then started getting 30-32. My crosstrek did the same thing on mpg also so im not worried about that. My biggest complaints are the windshield, eyesight covers and hood. I will start with the windshield. Had less then 1000 miles on it and it already has small rock chips. Nothing major, juat looked like dead bugs. But sure enough, they are rock chips. Now for the hood. When driving at highway speeds, the rear portion of the hood flexes and looks like its really flimsy. Reminds me of a flag rippling in the wind. The hood is shut tight, and all bolts are tight etc. Just something i noticed. The plastic covers on the eyesight are not secured very well. They rattle on all bit the smoothest roads. I can push up on the cover and it will stop rattleing.

4 out of 5 stars

Great ride, zippy fun and fast!

jk810j, 05/30/2021
Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

In 2020 I had purchased a Jetta and felt the lackluster performance as an adherence, even with its fully loaded interior, making the Jetta pedestrian for my liking. So I traded it in for a Legacy Premium. First Subaru I've owned and I will say the cabin is very quiet, the ride is smooth and balanced, not overly stiff on the suspension. The seats are comfortable, one thing I disliked about my synthetic leather VW seats, but for the same price the VW came with a slew of safety that the entry level Legacy doesn't have. Yes I have the eyesight, but to be honest sometimes I find it to be a bit of a hindrance for some safe driving, but I do not have driver side warning systems, though I do have a back up cam so some things are a interesting trade off. Both models had auto features, the only thing Subaru doesn't have on this level is automatic wipers at this price point. Outside of that, I feel as if the asymmetrical all wheel drive is more meaningful in the 4 season weather my state has. The standard Yokohama tires on the Legacy provide a solid grip to the road alongside a well responsive braking system. Audio is much better than the legacy and I had premium speakers on that model, whereas the entry-level kit on this model is above average in nearly every format I listen to - I used to need to tune the Jettas a lot. The only drawback I have noticed is a slightly lower MPG in the Legacy, whereas I would get nearly 45+ on the Jetta I have averaged a bit above 35+ on the Legacy with similar driving conditions between now and then. Lasting impressions between the Jetta and the Legacy are both fine automobiles, I do like the Legacy much more. The lower center of gravity provided by the boxer motor, the naturally aspirated performance is much better, and the standard awd is a better bang for the buck and I think the Legacy is more eye catch than the generic Jetta.

3 out of 5 stars
ad labelAd
Build Your Legacy®
At a Glance:
  • 7 Colors
  • 6 Trims
  • $22,995starting MSRP

5 out of 5 stars

7 months in my new Legacy, so far so good!

Grant, 05/11/2021
Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Pros: This was quite an upgrade from my 2013 Altima. I chose the Subaru because of the looks and interior room. The looks are very classy, especially when compared to previous generation Legacies. It looks and even drives like a car that costs twice as much (think BMW 5 series). I drove a lot of different sedans before choosing the Legacy. What sold me on the car for one thing was the interior room compared to other cars (only the Accord matched it). I'm a large-ish person so this was important to me. But in this car, I can and have sat 4 people very comfortably, and even the passenger sitting behind the driver has a lot of room. What also sold me was the technology features that the Subaru has that a lot of other cars don't, like the 12" touch screen that controls most of the car. The Bluetooth functions work very well, and having the large navigation screen is a huge plus compared to some of the other screens on some cars that I looked at. Plus I like the modern feel of the Subaru Starlink and the integrated look of the screen, compared to some navigation systems, where as some cars have that tacky "tacked on" feel to them. The interior has a lot of premium quality materials and a very nice look and feel to them. Cons: The downside is that I had a few problems with my car when I first bought it. It turns out that my car was shipped with a faulty controller unit for the navigation system that caused all kinds of problems. The most egregious and frustrating of which was that projection mode (Android Auto / Apple Car Play) was disabled because of this, and it caused frequent problems with other car functions. It took at least 4 of the 7 months I have owned this car arguing back and forth with the dealer trying to get this fixed before they finally got the unit in. Even worse is that my dealings were known at Subaru corporate because of this mess. Thankfully I got it all sorted out and my car works fine now. There was nothing wrong mechanically with the car, but the faulty navigation system was beyond frustrating before it finally got fixed. But if you do choose the Legacy make sure you check all of the functions on the car before taking delivery!

5 out of 5 stars

Having fun in my new car!

Della, 05/10/2021
4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have only had the car for a few days. I have been driving minivan type cars for quite some time. I like this one because it seem to be one that was easier to get in and out of then a lot of the sedans. I got this one because I needed something dependable and good in the snow but wanted something different than a van type. Hopefully I won’t know what that’s like for a while. The car is very quiet and has a very smooth ride. I am having a lot of fun and enjoying driving the car. I have not learned all the controls yet.