If you live with the muck, guck and general unpleasantness of winter driving, adding the 2017 Subaru Legacy and its standard all-wheel drive to your test drive list is a must. And even if you don't, there are enough additional benefits to make it a solid pick when the sun is shining.
- Standard all-wheel drive in a segment where it's rare to even be an option
- Excellent outward visibility
- High-tech safety features work well and are widely available throughout the lineup
- Top crash test scores.
- Slower acceleration than almost every competitor
- Stiffer ride (except Legacy Limited) than many competitors.