2014 Subaru Legacy Consumer Review: Stiff Ride negates positives.

2014 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Review

2.5i Sport PZEV Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD CVT Automatic)

Stiff Ride negates positives.
By bsr52 on

2014 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Sport PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have driven this 2014 Legacy Sport for three months.
The reliability of Subaru, all wheel drive and heated seats are all positives that are negated by the poor ride quality.
I feel every dip, bump and tar strip in the road and will be trading this after a year.
A younger driver might not care about the ride because the car looks sharp and handles well.

I owned a 2001 Subaru Outback station wagon for 6 years and it was reliable and a comfortable ride with reasonable handling in not too large of a vehicle.
If they built that vehicle today with an improved transmission I think they wood sell a lot of them.

I appreciate any comments and criticism.

November 19, 2016. After all this time Edmunds has requested that I update this review. I bought the Subaru in April of 2014. When winter and cold weather came around I found out that the heat when set to blow at floor level does not blow on your feet or ankles or legs so you freeze. Nothing worse than cold feet. The front seats were not well designed and even with power driver seat I could not get comfortable , and I take long trip every month from NYC to Massachusetts. The bumpy ride continued and I could not stand it, feeling it smack by backside on every little tar strip.

In April of 2015 I traded this car with just over 9,000 miles on it, for a 2015 Nissan Rogue which I have had now for a year and seven months. Smooth ride especially on bumps and I don't feel the tar strips in the road. Very comfortable seats, heat blows on my legs, very large touch screen and navigation with back up camera as well as camera view of all four sides. Very happy with it.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By jasonct
on 06/18/14 13:29 PM (PDT)

You bought the sport model that comes with 18" wheels with the smallest sidewall. You should change your wheels to 17" and get tires that match. This will greatly increase your ride quality. I have a 2014 Legacy Limited with the 17" size wheels and it rides like a dream.