2014 Subaru Legacy Consumer Review: 2000 miles and very happy

2014 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Consumer Review

2000 miles and very happy
By bobkay on

2014 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased the Legacy Limited, leather and had some dealer options put on. The car has been great so far. I am averaging 32.1 mpg, and have had no issues.

The defrosters quickly clear the windshield and windows. The controls are simple to use and anything that was more technically advanced was taught/demonstrated by the dealer like setting up my bluetooth and phone. My kids find it cool that my car rings and we can just talk and not have to hold the phone.

I tested the car with a decibel app and the interior is very quiet ranging from 50-80 decibels, compared to over 90 with my Pacifica.

Update: 65,000 miles and no mechanical issues at all. I just had a major tune up to the cost of $700 but everything was fine. I do mostly highway driving and still have my original tires and brakes. These will get replaced this summer, but there is no abnormal wear. Handles the snow amazingly, great mileage, very comfortable. No wind noise yet and all interior parts are in perfect condition. I had a friend buy a 2016 Legacy based on her loving my car. I have had a few hiccups regarding syncing my phone and car, but that is more user error and my phone than the Subaru. The hood bounce is still noticeable, and no it is not a reflection bouncing. The metal is flexing back and forth but I do not notice it much any more. I have needed no warranty work but do have the extended one until 100K. My son is looking forward to getting this car when he's a driver soon. I can't wait until I get my next Subaru also!

• Outward visibility
  • Purchase cost
  • Fuel economy
  • Resale value
  • Warranty

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By roadcrazy
on 05/29/14 12:55 PM (PDT)

The sheet metal on the hood issue you're experiencing is actually a reflection. That's the reason the issue appears to be worse on sunny days. The first time I noticed it I actually pulled off the road because I thought the hood wasn't secure. Just a poor design decision on Subaru's part.

By bobkay
on 06/03/15 10:16 AM (PDT)

45,000 miles and going strong. 31.0 mpg, no mechanical issues. A small spot is wearing on the leather driver's seat near where it rubs against a plastic guard. With the extended warranty, the dealer is taking care of it. Oil changes every 7500 miles and this thing is in tip top shape. Stylish, maybe not but reliable and handles the snow like a dream.