Used 2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan Consumer Reviews - 149 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

So THIS is why people buy imports..
By helloiamjohn

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I was originally looking for a 4x4/awd crossover SUV. The salesman had none around, but wanted to show me this Subaru, a brand I knew only a few (good) things about. The weather was really bad that day, with schools closed due to icy roads, but the Legacy killed it. No drama, and the heater was a champ. It feels like an extremely nice, intelligent vehicle, and the truly awesome MPG combined with the looks, comfort, and reknowned reliability sold me on it. I am so glad I tried it.

the 2.5 provides fairly peppy acceleration. Gas mileage is awesome! over 30 on the highway around 70mph A big tank+great mpg= extremely long range (I'm thinking I could go close to 500 miles without getting gas, all hwy, in town more like 350-400) The lumbar support makes the driver's seat really comfy. HUGE legroom for every seat in the car visibility doesn't get any better than this. paddle shifters are fun when you want them Sound system quality is good, and the interior just looks awesome.

The only thing I don't have that is heated seats, and I'm sure that's readily available on other instances of this model. This car has made me a big Subaru fan, even though I used to swear I'd never drive an import. I love it.

All good except the seats are a pain
By roaddogs70

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Except for the intolerable seats...I like my Subaru and everything else about this car.
Economical, reliable, easy to see out of it.
Good size trunk.
Good in the snow and rough roads.
Feels somewhat primitive and mechanical, but well connected.
Good build quality.
It makes me unhappy to report how uncomfortable this car is on longer trips.
My wife and I can't wait to get to a rest stop...just to get out and stretch our backs and behinds.
We have taken our Legacy cross country for a 5,000 mile trip...no problems with the car...big problems for us sitting in it. It is really unfortunate these seats feel so uncomfortable.

All wheel drive. Flat cornering. Good gas mileage. Very Reliable.

It would be worth a few dollars more to make the seats comfortable for average sized Americans. My wife and I are average height and weight but these seats don't work for us. The front seats are hard and the seat bottoms are short. I have the Premium cloth seats with 10 way heated driver seats. For short trips...not too bad. After a few hours of driving...they are extremely uncomfortable. They are really firm and lower in the back. The passengers seat is limited to 4 ways...forward and backward...even on the top model. Because of the seats I am trying to get our of my lease early so I can find a car I don't mind sitting in to drive.

Love my Legacy Great MPG
By misss

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have had my Legacy for two years now. Bought it new. When I take long drive I'm making 34 MPG. Right now with some city and mostly highway I'm getting about 29 MPG. It's a little less in the winter time with all the idling we do in the cold weather. Love the heated seats and heated side mirrors. I feel really safe on our icy roads in the winter. Would by another in a heart beat.

2010 Legacy Nice Car
By tsizzle

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased the car new and have over 40K miles on it.
Great gas milage especially on the hwy going 70-80 mph. - Averages 34 mi/gal.
The ride is smooth both in the city and hwy.
Very peppy.
I have the upgraded radio which is nice.
No problems at all.
The car is very light but I feel safe.
Great handling - almost impossible to loose control.
It's a great car I plan to put alot of miles on.
Love the paddle shifters on the steering column - I downshift alot instead of using brakes.
Lots of trunk space.
I use full synthetic oil and change it every 10K miles.
I recommend this for a commuter car and have 2 boys 9 & 5.
Very good for my lifestyle and budget.

Great Car for Tall Commuter in the Snow
By vtcommuter

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This car is perfect for a taller person who commutes in a snowy environment.

This car gets good gas mileage (28mph at 75mpg on highway) considering it's AWD - which I like to have in Vermont. If you don't need the AWD you can do much better (toyota camry hybrid). Also, the handling is average.

But for someone with my specific needs, this car is just perfect.

The interior is very comfortable. I'm 6'3" 200lbs, and just don't fit in most sedans. I was thrilled to find out how spacious this interior is. It's as comfortable for me as an SUV - and drives better.

Starting from parked, the catch point for the gears to kick in is unusual - more delayed than other automatics. This took some getting used to, but I don't notice it now.