Used 2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan Consumer Reviews - 149 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

It's all in the mechanics
By garbageguts

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

By chance I drove a 2009 Legacy and compared it with a my 2010. I was amazed at difference in handling characteristics between the two. The 2010 has a smooth yet in control feel along with good match between CVT and Boxer engine. The 2009 does not. For drive-ability the 2010 is great when cornering at > 40 mph. In the snow it beats hands down the Altima, Fusion, Accord and Camry.

4X4 with CVT transmission PZEV emissions Crash test ratings including bumper estimates under $1K Suspension double wishbone, stabilizer and height.

Breakaway mirrors, fog light standard, 17" wheels standard.

subaru legacy
By choopie

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Leased the Premium w/auto. Getting 18 mpg city and as much as 35 highway. Great handling car. Little loud and transmission a little jittery but I can live with that. Only 500 miles on car thus far. Comfortable seats, nice amenities. Would recommend based on my limited experience with this car thus far.

All wheel drive; speed sensitive radio;heated seats and wipers.

Larger wheels. Car has 16 inch wheels Offer a hybrid. 15 more horsepower.

Quite Pleased
By JR17

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 3.6R Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I've been driving my Legacy for about 2 1/2 months now and I love it. There is plenty of power and braking getting on and off of I-95. The sound system is quite nice and the range of seating options is fantastic, making for a comfortable ride no matter how I feel like sitting. Great usable trunk space, and terrific leather seating.

I really love the one push sunroof and the outstanding sound system, although my favorite feature is the AWD handling combined with the solid acceleration.

There is a slight noise issue when traveling at speeds over 75 MPH. Other than that this car is fantastic.

This Legacy is a great choice
By Craig in Seattle

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We traded in our B9 Tribeca for this car, due to the Tribeca's low mpg and need for premium gas. So far, I am not missing the SUV. This Legacy is nimble, fun to drive, and relatively quiet. I was totally surprised at the power and responsiveness of the engine. The CVT makes it feel like it has 25-30 more horses under the hood. I have driven previous generation Legacies with the base engine, and would not buy one because of the low power. This engine/tranny combo is great. The car is very stable, even when cornering at high speeds. We took it on a trip to the ocean recently and had a total blast on the curvey highway route we took. I would buy this car again without hesitation

AWD for the same price as most FWD cars, nimble handling, brakes, great performance with the CVT transmission, high quality cabin feel, great mpg for its size.

Front seats could use a little more support, stereo is average.

Nice Surprise
By Family Man

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 3.6R Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Anxiously waited 3mos for this car & have close to 1K mi; it was worth the wait. Live in the NE region w/snow & it feels like driving on rails. Traded in an Acura MDX & wanted another AWD vehicle. Convinced the wife to look at Subaru vs Volvo/Audi. Back seats are much roomier than either brands. Initially looked at CVT for the better gas mileage but got the 3.6 instead for the power; we need it since we live on a hill. Will pass this car onto my son who'll start driving in 2yrs & wanted a safe & reliable car. This is my 1st experience w/Subaru and had some reservations about their long term reliability but after learning their history & sitting behind the wheel you feel very safe.

Powerful engine, AWD, solid car.

CVT w/more power & torque, USB should be standard, folding side mirrors & rear A/C & heating vents. Need to design another logo.