Used 2010 Subaru Legacy Consumer Reviews - 149 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Subaru Legacy

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

Was not expecting this
By Grappas

2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Coming from a family that has driven Mercedes Benz for 30+ years I was amazed at the level of refinement the Legacy has. I had looked at the Mazda 6, Toyota Camry, Honda Accord, Acura TSX, Lexus is 250, BMW 3 series, and Audi 4 series. Nothing strucka balance between performance, value and refinement like the Legacy. Hats of to Subaru for building such an amazing car. Everytime I drive the car I wonder how the hell Subaru makes any money selling this car for so cheap. I would have easily paid another 2000-3000 more without blinking an eye. This car fell short on HP for my heavy right foot but makes up for it with an ultra smooth CVT gear box.

Harmon Kardon audio system, CVT auto Transmission

bump up 2.5i motor to 185HP, bump up 2.5GT motor to same 305HP motor in the Impreza STi and give it a full time paddle shift gear box. Stiffen up vertical dampening, tends to feel a little boaty over large lunging road humps.

First Subaru 2010 Legacy Premium
By natedog

2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

First time owning a Subaru and we are very impressed. Have put 3,000 miles on it in a little over a month and we are averaging almost 30 mpg, 5 mpg better than our HHR and it is a bigger car with AWD. Very comfortable and rides and handles great. The only thing I don't like is the excessive engine noise in the 2.5 Liter engine. Other than that it is a great car.

AWD, CVT tranny, steering wheel shift paddles, Ipod hookup, and great MPG.

lessen the excessive engine noise in the 2.5 liter engine and it would be nice to somehow have Ipod controls on the steering wheel.

So Far So Good
By Bob

2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I traded in my 2003 Subaru Baja for this car about one month ago and drove it about 950 miles. 35 to 37 mpg on the highway mileage amazes me. 18 mpg in the city is not much better than the '03 Baja's mileage. The new Legacy has more interior space and better seats than the old Baja. It also has more electronic controls and gadgets making it a little more difficult to operate. I like the ability to plug my iPod directly into the audio system. It also has fuel usage monitors not available on the '03 Baja. I hope the Legacy's reliability is as good as the 7 years of trouble free driving I had with the Baja.

All Wheel Drive, Good Gas Mileage, Interior Space, Comfortable Seats, iPod audio connection, Steering wheel cruise control and acceleration paddles, Roomy rear trunk and fold down rear seats.

Sluggish acceleration.

brentwoodboy
By d tush

2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I formerly drove a 2006 Acura TSX, but needed more interior room to meet the needs of a growing 9 yr-old son whose legs were always invading my driving space! Bought the 2.5i Premium/4cl. with CVT in the silver/black leather, and I love the added space and nice build quality Subaru put into this affordable sedan. After 3 months and 4K, only real negative seems to be excessive engine noise and general sluggishness at low speeds. Not sure if that is a trade off with the CVT, or expected. Dealer told me they hear this comment often. I do miss the more nimble handling of my TSX, but enjoy the Legacy's roominess. A solid value for an AWD family sedan, indeed!

Great Harman Kardon sound system. Subaru engineers did their magic on the interior cabin; a definite upscale feeling with leather, adjustable lumbar/heated seats. Comfy! Cool lit instrument cluster, too.

A quieter 4 cyl/CVT design, folding side mirrors. The cheap plastic steering wheel trim needs refined, as the sharp edges seem to frequently find my hands. Maybe a larger electronic parking brake button would be helpful, also.

I was very impressed BUT NOW ...
By Eduardo

2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I am checking back again with new news about my 2010 legacy and I'm a little disappointed. I love my car but a metal part (bracket) in the engine is rusting and I dont know why? I have put only 8,200 miles on it. I am devastated is anyone having same problem? Please let me know. The bracket will be replaced under warranty soon but I am a little worried something else may come up! I hope it ends here because I love my Subaru I really love its dynamic and secured handling plus the 30 mpg I m getting on the high way.

Paddle shifters, head lights, seats comfort, secured feel.

Please! breakaway side mirrors and 17 inch wheels standard and maybe some more horses!