Used 2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan Consumer Reviews - 149 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

Hot car!
By Jessica

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5GT Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love my new Subaru. This is my first Subaru, no disappointments! The 6- speed transmission and clutch took a little getting used to, however the excitement and power make it well worth getting to know. This car has a high rear seat so backing up also took some practice. I was in the market for a Lexus/Infinity AWD, my advise for anyone in the same market. You owe the newly redesigned Subaru Legacy just one test drive.

The new design offers TONS of interior space and an exterior design that turn heads.

Make sure your new AWD GT is not sold with "summer tires" if you live in areas that receive snow. I am buying new all season tires for my 2010, that was discouraging. I had some difficulties making it through the winter storms despite my AWD.

Engine Noise and Hard Xmission shifting
By Eric Tanner

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

1. Excessively LOUD Engine Noise, especially when first starting; 2. SHIFTING Gears – HARD, JOLTING, CLUNKING, CLUCKING and CLICKING: A. When shifting from Park to Reverse, most of the time (90%) there will be QUITE a big JOLT accompanied by a loud CLUNKING sound from under the car, and sometimes also a CLUCKING sound from under the rear; B. When shifting to Neutral and Drive, there’s not much of a Jolt; C. In general, Shifting from P to R to N to D and vice versa is always NOT smooth and there will always (100%) be a CLICKING sound coming from right under the car (like a cable snapping noise.) Suggestion and comment are welcome.

Good styling and suspension. Although claimed to be "much" bigger than before but still can't compare with the roominess of the Camry, Accord, Altima, etc.

Do away with the electric parking brake and go back to using the standard pedal/hand brake. MPG gauge is really not necessary. Temperature gauge is more useful.

Value and Safety
By RRBm

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Already had a 2008 Legacy 2.5i Ltd and was happy with it but felt it was too small. Evaluated the redesigned 2010 Legacy and found the redesign addressed virtually all of my concerns AND promised improved mileage. I accept some loss of mileage to AWD which is worth it for performance and safety in 4 season climates--and I have not been disappointed. 2010 CVT is great technology with significantly improved mileage but trade off is less oomph which bothers my wife more than me. Still feels fun to me. Appreciate the solid feel, smooth generally quiet ride. Seats very comfortable for me and very adjustable! Happy with build quality and head turning design.

Comfortable and adjustable heated soft leather seats, AWD yet very good mileage, solid feel, roomy usable trunk, nice H-K sound. BLuetooth phone. Steering wheel controls. High safety ratings.

Folding mirrors. Reduce road noise even further.

2010 Legacy - It could have been great!
By John

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This could have been a wonderful car. They had everything going for it except: It steers very poorly at interstate speeds. It tends to wander from side to side and never really has a tendency to just drive straight down the road. You have to constantly make small corrections in order to keep in your lane. And it is much worse in crosswinds. I have had it into the local dealer and of course they can find no fault with the car. It was out of alignment from the factory which they fixed. This is the first year Subaru has had drive by wire and they have not gotten it right. I have an 09 Forester which drives great, so I know they can make a good driving vehicle. Just not the 2010 Legacy.

Quiet, except for the CVT whine. Looks great. AWD. Nice interior and exterior. Good fit and finish. The bluetooth is awesome and should be a requirement in all vehicles. I really really like this car except...... see above.

Make it steer like the Forester does! I have seen many posts complaining about the steering so it is not just my vehicle. I recommend people wait to buy this vehicle until Subaru gets this fixed. Quiet the CVT whine. Nissan CVT does not whine like this. I have 1200 miles on it now.

2.5i Limited with Power Moonroof
By Landman507

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have had this car about a month and absolutely love it. The continuous transmission is incredibly smooth. Although the first time I drove it, it seemed odd to have a car accelerating, but not feel it go through the gears. With the 2.5i engine, you won't win any races on the track, but it's more than fast enough for urban driving. That said, I'm very happy with the gas mileage so far (27+ MPG in mixed driving).

Moonroof, comfortable seats, gas mileage for an AWD car, continuous transmission, and the stereo rocks!

Offer blind spot monitoring and back up sensors. You need to get the navigation package for a back up camera. Rear view mirror with integrated Homelink is a little large. I need to remember to look around it at stop signs because it does block your view somewhat. Not a big deal though.