2009 Subaru Legacy Consumer Review: My 1st SUBARU-"It's a keeper"-

2009 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Review

2.5i Special Edition Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 4-speed Automatic)

My 1st SUBARU-"It's a keeper"-STILL!
By hank60 on

2009 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This 2009 Legacy is a good value for what it is; I bought it used with about 20k miles on it---now it's 4 yrs later with over 75k miles. The AWD is great for the Ohio winters, especially once I replaced the OE tires with higher quality treads. I get about 25 mpg overall city/hwy which is not great, but for having AWD and the comfort and space for me, it's OK. I appreciate the rear seatbacks which fold forward, which gives extra space for storage, or transporting materials from Home Depot when doing weekend projects. I wish the engine had more power for quicker acceleration at times, but it's adequate most of the time. The car has been basically trouble-free...it's a KEEPER for me!
UPDATE: I have now had this car for over 6 years, and have put 100,000 miles on it since I got it. It still runs and
handles the same. Most of the maintenance has been performed by a local Subaru dealer, except brake jobs,
which I felt they were just too expensive. The 4 speed automatic is very outdated, so the acceleration is slow. The newer
Legacy with the CVT seem to be a lot quicker and quieter, which I will keep in mind, for some day. The newer models also have improved technology as far as sound systems, navigation, etc. I suppose I will be ready for a more updated model in a few years. This car seems like it will go another 100,000 miles without a doubt. It's still great for the Ohio winters.

• Active safety

• Usb ports
  • Bluetooth
  • Navigation
  • Electronics

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review