Used 2008 Subaru Legacy Consumer Reviews - 107 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Subaru Legacy

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

Drove in snow for first time!
By Granby

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 I Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I just drove my Legacy that I bought in April in snow for the first time and it is unbelievable! My driveway had over a foot of snow in the driveway and I just plowed right through it! Can't put a price on that. I've been very pleased with this car since the day I bought it, but seeing it perform in these conditions makes me LOVE this car.

AWD

Like a Miata with 4 doors & AWD
By SubyConvert

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

When I bought an Acura TL a year ago, the Legacy was my second choice. I recently reversed that decision and traded the TL for the Suby. What a difference! I love the sports car handling and the AWD because I live in a part of Canada that gets a lot of snow in winter. It's the first car I've looked forward to driving every day since I sold my Miata. Acceleration is impressive in sport sharp mode. My TL had crazy, dangerous torque steer when accelerating hard in corners. The Suby is tight, predictable, with a slight rear wheel bias. The interior looks great and fits me well, except for the arm rest (needed to get the extender). Bluetooth would be nice, but shouldn't talk on the phone anyway.

Handling, acceleration, great AWD traction, refined interior, grippy leather, tight turning radius, great value, great looking alloy wheels, perfect clutch feel, low center of gravity, 3 personalities with iDrive. I've owned about 40 cars in my life. This could be my favorite.

Nutty location for heated seat switches, average mileage, JDM grill looks much better, wimpy styling below front bumper, shifter slightly too far to reach, needs DSC on GT manual, engine noise is somewhat unrefined but I keep telling myself the boxer engine sounds like a Porsche (all minor stuff)

Subaru Legacy Spec B
By sleepy58

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT spec.B 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi, VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Excellent AWD sport sedan. Very quick over a wide variety of road surfaces and conditions. Sport sharp mode in Si drive provides great throttle response. A stealth car that is great fun to drive.

Legacy GT a Cut Above
By lslgal5350

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I have owned Subarus for several years, mostly WRXs. I finely decided to try a Legacy GT. I am really glad I did. It is a great car, having good power, and more luxury than the WRXs I owned. Subaru has done a great job on the entire design, and functionality of the Legacy GT. I have added a Stage one Cobb Accessport, and it changed an already good performing car into a really GREAT performing car. The added hp/torque from this programmer really changes the entire character of the engine, without cutting the mpg. It's the best $695.00 I ever spent!!

Everything

You could always wish for more power, but I guess that is what the aftermarket programmers are for.

Exceeds expectations
By theanimal

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi, VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Have owned Lexus LS, Toyota Camrys and Corolla, BMW 3/5/Z4 series, and Honda Civic. Hadn't ever looked at Subaru before but researched sedans with top safety ratings and the Legacy stood out. I have had the car for 2 days and am very pleased with how well it was designed and built. Very well appointed, great value, above average performance, even providing a bit of luxury but without being pretentious in any way. Fuel economy like a small SUV, requires premium gas and frequent oil changes. More fun than a Camry/Corolla or Accord/Civic but just as practical and more bang for your buck than Lexus or BMW.

Good nav, sporty look, safety scores, front passenger airbag auto-disable

Bluetooth and parking sensors should be standard on the Limited with GPS models.