Used 2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan Consumer Reviews - 106 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

Legacy -- all the way !
By legacy driver

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 I Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Once I drove the Legacy, I completely fell in love with it. It takes away from all other cars, including Hondas, Mazdas, and Toyotas. This car is in its own class, you really can't compare it to any others (many people think the car looks way more expensive then it actually is). I get great gas mileage, better then they say! I average 28-29 MPG with 75% highway and 25% city. I can't go anywhere with out people asking me what kind of car I drive. The Legacy is so comfortable, and the handling is great! I would recommend this car to anyone. Before buying any other car, you must test drive the Subaru Legacy. I swear, you won't regret it!

Satin white pearl, gas mileage, stylish exterior, handling, fuel calculation display (very accurate on your MPG), heated windshield, daytime running lights, standard sunroof, Yokohama tires, and AWD.

Not many, radio controls on the steering wheel, upgrade sound system (which they are doing on the 2009), auto door locks when the car is in motion, and take out the fourth brake light (in the back rear window) if you have a spoiler.

This car is great!
By Woodyboy

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

In 34 years I have owned a lot of sports cars and SUVs. The Subaru GT is my favorite. It provides almost sports car like power and handling. It rides like a comfortable sedan. It takes the Utah snow without any drama. I get 28 mpg hwy and 22 mpg around town according to the trip computer. That includes jumping on it a little. I am considering installing the SPT exhaust system, heat shield and high flow exhaust. The factory quotes 30HP and 30 ft-lb torque gains.

Engine, sunroof, comfort, handling, AWD

One minor complaint. The interior needs more storage. They could move the I drive control and gain a little. The seat heaters should be moved forward and the armrest extension should incorporate storage.

Great Car
By macblaze

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 I 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Well I Trade in My GMC Envoy for this one and I have to say that my chances of going to GM won't be happening anytime soon for sure unless it's a Caddy or somthing like that. This is the best car I have ever owned after the going though so many problems with my Envoy which is a okay. I never had so much fun driving car other than this one. My fuel mileage is not so great yet but I have only had this car for 4 days so the engine needs time to break in. I think in time the fuel mileage will get better and it already better than my SUV. I love going around conners and I can't wait for the Saskatchewan winters. That's when this car is going to show it strips with it AWD.

Moonroof is great. Guages are great too, very bright. Awesome seat fabric is good qaulity. Heated windshield is great. Good car for winter when it hits -40C. For a small car lots of room and lots of cargo space .

They could do more for the price for Canadian customer. The price mark up is more the 40% more that what you pay in the states. Car should be 200 hp instead of 170. Should get free satellite for 6 months like the GMC offers. And should put some radio controls on wheel.

Reliable & Fun to Drive Car....
By Jay

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 I Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Subaru this April. Since I live in a place (SLC) that has long snow season, I wanted a car that is reliable & fun to drive. SUV was out of question due to gas prices. Subaru Legacy had everything I was looking for & I simply love this car. Just got back from our first long trip to Vegas and fuel economy was unbelievable. 32.7 MPG on freeway, even with AC on it was above 31.2 MPG. Handling was great. Comfort level while sitting for 6 hours was high. They're great cars. Love it!

MPG on freeway. Fuel calculation display. Handling, comfort, interior and exterior

Radio controls on the steering wheel.

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i SE 4A
By hubertus8

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 I Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car 2 weeks ago and couldn't be more pleased with its perfomance. I test drove few Hondas and Toyotas and the legacy gave, by far, the best performance on the road. This is the best car for your money.

AWD and Boxer engine.

Radio with 6 CD changers as standard.