Used 2005 Subaru Legacy Consumer Reviews - 279 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Subaru Legacy

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

Austin GT Limited Sedan
By Danny Kemp

2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The only issue that I have had with this car is thaat the a headlight will burn out every six months or so. I am not too crazy about the gas mileage, but with the way it can zoom around, I overlooked it. Due to the fact that there aren't that many Subarus around in comparison to the rest of the cars on the road, people always ask me, "What kinda car is that?" I answer, and they return a strange look. I guess some people have a bad view of subarus. All in all, a good car, solid ride, and decently comfortable.

Zoom, corners very well, and carries my baby without disturbing her.

Build a stock arm rest that doesn't cater to those with a height of 5'2" or less :)

2005 Legacy GT Wagon
By DC

2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Awesome driver's car! Very quick, stable and predictable. Drives like a sports car. Great heater. 100% reliable so far with 20K miles. Excellent in snow, we had 3 feet in one snowfall last week, and with a 400' driveway it has to be good. Be aware that the 17" tires are fairly expensive and if you need extra wheels for snow tires, you will have to get alloys. No steel wheels available as far as I could tell, and I tried locally and on-line. Very comfortable seats. Mine was a program car with 12,000 miles on it when I bought it and now has 20,000 miles on it. No one will regret buying this car. It does everything very well and I know of no weaknesses except rear visibility.

Awesome acceleration, 0-60 in 6-7 seconds. Great handling on country road and highway, which is fun and a safety feature. Comfortable seats - I broke my pelvis 6 months ago and the seats are very comfortable (and heated). 5 stars in front and side collisions, and possibly in rear collisions as well.

Rear visibility is not a problem for me at 5'10", but a shorter person would have a problem because of window and rear seat head restraint placement.

Nikobonjon's Subie
By Nikobonjon

2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Pros: All in all this is a good car with exceptional handing abilities. It is a fine car and holds the road well. The turbo engine is super when it kicks in. The car is quiet and clean. Cons: Expensive to maintain especially the tires. Turbo burns premium unleaded. Somewhat narrow (hip room) front seating. Typical turbo lag. Fuel economy could be better for a car this size.

Boxer turbo engine, heated seats, AWD.

Wider cockpit, Automatic headlights, oil change monitor.

2005 Legacy Wagon
By Badwater

2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5i AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

First Subaru and boy I am impressed. In 1.5 years of ownership I have had zero problems. In combination driving average about 28 mpg. On a trip depending on how fast we drive we can get around 32 mpg. The car can be a little cramped on a log trip especially if you have more than one passenger. Rear seat room is tight. I am 6-1" and wish that there was a little more leg room for the driver. In summary, great car.

All wheel drive.

Automatic headlights. I keep forgetting to turn them on.

my subaru
By Pat Wright

2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

An enjoyable car, practical and dependable. Insurance on this car new was less than my previous 5 year old Saab.

Rides very comfortably - nice power.

That darn parking lamp on switch on the top of the steering column. It gets turn on accidentally, I don't notice it and the battery dies.