Used 2005 Subaru Legacy Consumer Reviews - 279 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Subaru Legacy

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

Subie GT
By Michael

2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

So far it has been excellent. The fit and finish of the interior and exterior have been awesome. I would have liked to have seen the doors close more securely, but overall it is awesome. The power of the turbo is smooth and the shift from gear to gear leaves you breathless. A+. I am glad to see more mods available to date.

The leather interior is very comfortable and the steering wheel made by MOMO is awesome. Looking down the hood scoop and feeling the turbo kick in is a great feeling.

I would suggest the brake pads be replaced with ceramic high performance brake pads that produce less dust on the rims. Otherwise, it is awesome.

Good enough
By ckc

2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Limited AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car replaced my 01 Audi S4 Avant. I didn't miss it anymore. This is a very good driver's car. Great utility. Good stereo with power sub. Shifting could be smoother, but the Short shifter is great. Several service related problems: low steering and gear oil noted within the first month of driving, malfunction cruise control that dealer can't fix until another dealer changed the O2 sensor. (I complained to manufacturer). Battery leak led to corrosion of the bracket; dealer replaced the battery.

Mid-range engine power, good handling, short shifter, power subwoofer, trunk, exterior styling, interior fit and finish, big sunroof, bright gauges, headlight at almost HID quality.

Dealership service, questionable built quality, wind noise with roof cross bars, too many steps to close the sunroof, one touch up windows, VDC, RDS for the radio, doom light up front.

happiness
By baltimoresube

2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5i AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

We have had the car for 4 months and 4000 miles and it has been fun to drive; it has all the features you'd need with no frills. Cars acceleration is much better than some say; fine for travel. Averaged 27mpg on a recent 900 mile trip to SC. Great space, very efficient; easy to parallel park.

AWD, very nice interior. Love the space for family trips.

Aux audio jack for an iPod, sun roof as a stand alone option being forced to buy leather.

The New Ultimate Driving Machine
By GotmyCLU

2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

My Legacy sneaks in to the very sporty luxury class with the name of Subaru. I never would have thought a Subaru could be this fun with luxury. I remember when the WRX came out and I told myself "They need to make something compete in the family sedan class - then I'll get one." I'm car shopping, turn into the Subaru lot, and my heart is content from here. I hope Subaru always keeps it's value and price where it is.

Turbo, all wheel drive, and the cockpit. Warm weather package is a must in Idaho.

Take the sport shift controls off the steering wheel and put cruise control and stereo controls on it.

Unbelievable car
By Steve

2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

As an American muscle car owner, I was hesitant to purchase a foreign car. This car is absolutely unbelievable. The 2.5l Turbo has enough power to get down the road in style and still haul the kids and/or clients in comfort. My other car, a Chevrolet Corvette, doesn't mind sharing the garage with this little turbocharged piece of heaven.

Turbo Turbo Turbo.

Dark factory tinted windows (getting tired of all the attention I get) - need more privacy