Used 2005 Subaru Legacy Wagon Consumer Reviews - 83 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Subaru Legacy Wagon

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

Lemon
By D&C

2005 Subaru Legacy Wagon 2.5 GT AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

We look around for a new car fro almost 4 months before we both the gt. We have know 158,000 km on the car and have replaced 4 turbo's and are on our 3 engine. At 120,000 we had a the last turbo replace and then moved again. 18,000 km later the engine had a broken piston and needed to be rebuild once again. Phoned Subaru Canada they told us that they could see that we had a lot of bad luck with the car as all records are kept on there computers. But because we moved and lost our maintenance records and only could show them the records for the service work that we did after the new turbo was put in they did not help us. We have had rebuild but are not trusting the car any more and traded in.

The handling and driving,looks. But we will never buy a other Subaru again as the service of Subaru Canada is terrible and they have no respect for their costumer.

May be their for the people that trust in your cars. Never again a Subaru! Had to trade it in and take our loss as we have no more trust in Subaru.

Goes Like Stink
By Nick-O

2005 Subaru Legacy Wagon 2.5i Limited AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is a nice car, safe, big and heavy, but it's fast. The 2.5 turbo is probably one of the top 10 engines out there. If you step on it hard, it takes a second then hold on! Passes anything on the highway and goes anywhere you want it to. It's a subaru so it is reliable. The only issue is now it makes a loud humming noise past 35 mph. Maybe a wheel bearing. The mileage is not good...maybe 15 around town :(But hey, it's a big heavy AWD car with 250 hp.

Turbo engine, handling/steering. High quality good interior. Subrau reliability and all the bells and whistles.

Strange humming noise from rear end. Poor gas mileage.

One hot car
By CAinAL

2005 Subaru Legacy Wagon 2.5i Limited AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Sub after seeing so many in the mountains of California. I now live in Alabama and I love driving it all year round, but it is definitely a cold weather car! The vents blow warm air so I have to keep the AC on all the time in the spring, summer and fall. The AC has a hard time keeping up with the 100+ degree weather and high humidity. But it handles great in the torrential downpours we get here and I wouldn't trade it.

Great looks, huge sunroof, lots of room to haul stuff.

Connect the front overhead lights to the door open feature so they will come on with the dome lights.

WOW
By Idawg

2005 Subaru Legacy Wagon 2.5 GT Limited AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is my 3rd Subaru, and is by far the best to date. I had a 96 outback, then a 2004 Outback 2.5 limited, but this car blows them away. The turbo kicks in quickly, and will give you the tell-tale neck jerk! The interior is such a beautiful hole poked tan leather, you want it at home. I was never a fan of blue cars, but the regal blue looks great with the 17" wheels and lo-pro tires. Huge sunroof! Buy one!!

Turbo, turbo, turbo!!

Legroom is slightly limited in back for long road trips, but not too bad.

Almost perfect
By newyorker

2005 Subaru Legacy Wagon 2.5 GT AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Almost a year and a half and zero problems. Fast and fun. My second subie, my first turbo. This is not your typical wagon, that's for sure. Handles great, even in winter months. The Bridgestone re92 stock tires are all right - nothing great yet decent all around. Rarely have anyone in back seats so cannot comment on leg room. Dash layout is great and good looking. Tons of room. Can put just about anything in this car. The ride can be a little rough for someone with a bad back on longer trips but it's a GT and is supposed to have a stiff suspension so you cannot complain about things like that. All around A++.

Appearance, versatility, power, fun factor.

6th gear for the highway so it can get better gas mileage. Turbo needs premium. Automatic headlights as I've actually driven home at night w/out the headlights on due to daytimes are bright and the dash is so bright at night w/out headlights actually on.