Used 2005 Subaru Legacy Sedan Consumer Reviews - 196 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Subaru Legacy Sedan

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

Everyone should own this car!
By Zac

2005 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 GT Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

My wife and I have owned this vehicle for just about 7 months and we're enjoying every mile in it. The quality of the interior is impeccable and so well designed in terms of ergonomics. Everything seems to be in its natural location. The endless supply of torque power this car has to offer is overwhelming and will make anybody feel confident behind the wheel. The confidence doesn't only come from the immense amount of power, but it comes from the symmetrical AWD system. I just can't say enough about this car it was truly one of the best decisions we made. It was worth the wait. Hey it wasn't Car of the Year in Japan twice for nothing. Think of the competition it had to beat!

My favorite features are the standard AWD, seat warmers, wiper blade warmers, dual climate control, 6 disc CD changer, 17" alloy rims, dual exhaust & of course the manumatic sport shifter with sport mode.

The only change I would make would be to try and squeeze out a little better gas mileage. I know it's a give and take...if you want the turbo charged power then you need to make a sacrifice somewhere. It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't take the premium blend. Why can't we get lower gas prices?

Ups and Downs
By jt51

2005 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 GT AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Fail in love with car at first sight. Fun to drive, handles very well. Love the sound of the engine.

Handling, steering wheel, automatic transmission.

Cheap interior parts painted faux metal; use real metal ditch the fake wood.

WOW! What a car!
By eppharmd

2005 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent handling, good gas mileage, fun to drive , exceptionally comfortable, best car I've ever owned

AWD, side air bags, ABS, compass in rear view mirror, automatic light sensor in rear view mirror automatically adjusts to night headlights, leather seats, front seat warmers, adjustable temperature control for both driver and front passenger, driver's side power seat adjustment.

Vehicle Stability System would be a plus.

Subaru Legacy GT
By Todd F

2005 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 GT Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

An exceptionally designed car that is a vast improvement over its predecessor. The turbo-charged version gives it a great fun to drive quotient, and its handling is absolutely superb for a family sedan.

Electro-luminescent display and turbo-charged 250 hp motor.

Twin turbo chargers for elimination of "turbo-lag."

The Most Fun Car I've Ever Owned
By DeAnna

2005 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

When I started shopping for a new car my boss told me that I should try the Legacy. He and his son are car enthusiasts and told me that his son had the Subaru Impreza and loved it. I was planning on either getting a Honda Accord or a Toyota Camry so test drove both of them and took my boss's advice and test drove the Legacy. The Accord was so stiff it was killing my back and with the Camry I felt like a was driving a bulky tank. The Legacy was wonderful. The drivers seat is totally comfortable, the displays are really convenient, and the handling on the car is just unbelievable. I have never had so much fun driving a car. I totally feel like I got my money's worth with the Legacy.

My favorite feature on the car is the all wheel drive. I love the way it hugs the road when you go around corners. Also, it has all weather tires, so when it rained a few days after I got it the car just hugged the road. I feel so safe knowing that the car isn't going to hydroplane.

The only thing I think they should improve is the backseat space. My husband is 6 ft. tall and my best friend and her husband are both over 6 ft. tall so when all of us are in the car it is a little cramped.