Used 2014 Subaru Impreza Sedan Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Subaru Impreza Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

It's not perfect, but I love it
By Lilly

2014 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.0i Premium PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I insisted on the manual transmission (which was not easy to find, but the manager of the dealership I went to did an excellent job of tracking one down for me) - so the acceleration is very good, unlike with the CVTs. Heated seats are wonderful in cooler weather, especially since I tend to have back/neck issues. This car is "eager", especially when upshifting; it's a lot of fun to drive and loves to hug curves! It feels solid, very well made, and safe. Fantastic grip in all sorts of weather, but it does get blown around in wind more easily than I'd like. Sound system could definitely be better, but not a deal-breaker for me. I have only had 2 issues with the car so far: 1. Every 3 or 4 months, I need to add air to the front right tire. Perhaps there could be a VERY slow leak; but so far, no one has been able to see any holes or unusual wear. Issue # 2: Faulty oil sensor. 2,000 miles before my last oil change was due, the low oil warning light came on. But I still had plenty of oil left. Dealership replaced it free of charge. Now, once again, 2,000 miles before I'm due for an oil change, the new sensor is telling me I'm low. Oil level is within "normal" range, but on the lower end. Added about 1/3 quart in hopes that the light would stop coming on; the level is now right in the middle of where it's supposed to be. No luck. It doesn't come on when I first start the car, but it only after 1-2miles of driving. It remains until I turn the engine off. I have another appointment at the dealership this weekend. For the record though, the car still runs as perfect as the day I bought it. I love this thing and I'm going to hold on to it as long as I can!

The first and last car Ill ever need!
By Amber

2014 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.0i PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car makes me feel safer than any car I have driven. The gas mileage is incredible. The hatchback storage still surprises me with how much I can put back there including my dog :) The Bluetooth option is great. This car is sexy and practical. The amount of adventures I have been on because of this vehicle has made a huge difference in life. The only downsides I have experienced is that the security beeps and locks sounds are loud lol and the blindspot is a little tough at times. Other than that its perfect!

Love My Subarus!!!
By anitamarie1

2014 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.0i PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

To say I love Subarus is actually understating the facts. I just purchased my fourth Impreza. I am a nurse and live in Northeastern Ohio where the weather can be very intimidating especially when oftentimes I'm up and on the roads before the plows. No only have my Subarus been terrific on the road but each of them has been really fun to drive. What I like best, other than the AWD, is the reliability. My 2009 Impreza had 200,000 hard driven miles on it when something went in the transmission. Waiting to have it diagnosed. However, engine still starts immediately and am seriously considering having it fixed to use as third car because I loved it so much. Bought another Impreza next day

Love AWD, ease of handling and definitely reliability. My car is the one everyone else uses when their's is in the shop! Also like new feature with blue tooth. Use it all the time. What I like best is I get AWD, good gas mileage and a sharp car. Can't beat that combination!!!

Great Value
By billprange

2014 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.0i Limited PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I've owned my 2014 Impreza Limited for 6 months and 7K miles. I bought it fully loaded with 900 miles on it (repossessed) from the dealer for $22,500. Its a fun, tight drive with remarkable fuel efficiency. I get 45 mpg at 55 mph, 40 at 65, and 36 at 70 with fwy driving. Overall 36 fwy, 32 mixed and 28 city. Efficiency drops noticeably when using the paddle shifters on country roads! Absolutely no problems so far, just lots of fun.

I'm 6 ft, 185 lbs, and the drivers seat fit me perfectly. I was comparing it to the Mazda 3, Honda Civic and Accord, VW Gold/GTI and the Subi was by far the most comfortable ride. I also appreciated the straight forward instrument arrangement and lighting. Most of all was the balanced and controlled feeling when driving the winding country roads where I live. The 4WD will be a big pulse if we ever get rain again.

The bluetooth controls for the phone are pretty impossible. I gave up and returned to using my headset.

A lot of car for the price!
By rswaim

2014 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.0i PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my base model Impreza sedan for about six months now, and I have already put over 12000 miles on it. This car was a fantastic value! I live in MN, so an AWD is essential. It's no WRX, but the 2.0 with a five speed manual gets up to highway speed with ease. I am averaging 34mpg with mixed driving. Gets around 40 on the highway if you know how to drive properly. I'm a fairly tall man, 6'5 and this thing has tons of head and leg room. I check the oil with every fill-up, and it has not used a drop of oil. I have the oil changed every 3500-4000 miles, even though i'm sure it would make it to 5k with no issues. This is my first Subaru and it won't be my last!

AWD system is the best in the industry. Visibility is great, with very thin pillars, and small blind spots. Gas mileage is fantastic for an AWD sedan. Look of the car gets a lot of compliments. The interior quality seems like it's built to last, and this car has a lot of front and rear passenger room. The trunk is gigantic for a small sedan.

The sound system seems subpar, especially at highway speeds. Easy fix with aftermarket speakers. Cruise control should be standard on the base model. Push button start would also be nice, as most other Japanese car manufactures are moving toward smart keys with push button ignitions.