sort byMost Recent|
2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Premium PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)
Bought my Impreza in Sept of 2012. has been a good car, great on rain slick texas roads. CVT gave out at 80k miles, Subaru assisted with most of cost to replace. I recommend the company, but maybe not impreza CVT, which is not the same CVT as Legacy and Forrester according to what I have read.
Handling, downhill cvt speed governing, bluetooth stereo connection ability, roof rack option, yokohama tires - first time I have used that brand and they lasted well.
better quality, longer lasting CVT; backup camera; lubricant warmer to reduce warm up idle time; seats that promote good posture instead of enforcing bad. Impreza is not as bad as some, but could use improvement. Most car seats force my head forward at an awkward angle and give me headaches.
2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Sport Limited PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)
This is our fourth Subaru. We do like the CVT transmission, quiet enough, and the car is peppy. The gas mileage is just what is published. What bothers me? I don't like the leather seats, too cold in the winter, too stiff. With cloth, you don't need seat warmers. In the 25k miles we've owned it, the fog, tail, and headlight bulbs have burned out, and both front half-shafts and the brakes were replaced. The dash has developed an annoying rattle. And twice a year, we need to take it back to the dealer to get the tpms switched between the summer and snow tires. The dealer has to reprogram it. Still a reasonable car, but not quite up to our Subaru expectations.
AWD and real-world handling (for a non-performance car). Also, the sunroof, although pretty small. We will only have hatchbacks, so we like that too. The Subaru stereo with bluetooth is good, working well with our phones. Dealer is very friendly.
Needs better quality control. Better electrical system. Bring back led tail lights. Get better batteries. Not up to past Subaru standards. Bring the car back to 2011 Impreza standards.
2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Limited PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)
I purchased my car in February of 2012. Like a lot of other users I noted that my oil usage was terrible. On January 6, 2015 I was in a serious car accident in which I struck the rear end of a truck. My airbags did not deploy and the vehicle immediately caught fire after impact. I am very lucky to be alive, but cannot get any kind of straight answer from Subaru as to why the airbags failed and why a fire started, nor have they expressed any interest in examining the car further.
Very well equipped for the price.
Oil consumption was a concern from my first oil change. The issues outlined with the airbags and fire, and the lack of interest expressed by Subaru is of very significant concern. I have taken my business to another vehicle manufacturer.
2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)
Driven 46k. Mtor and drive OK, But burns oil, doesn't delver promise mpg and airbag and track warning lights continual go off and on due to poor engineering and sensor designs. Particularly digusting is fact that the outer body is made of thin cheap plastic with parts held on without screws. As such fog light covers are continually failing off and the body parts break with even gentle contact. I have been driving for 40 plus years and I have never seen such poor quality.
buy a higher end car
2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Sport Premium 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)
I bought a 2012 Subaru Impreza sport (wagon) new. Loved the cargo room (I have 2 60-lb dogs) and nice, smooth ride. Gas mileage is decent, I travel VA to MI every month and it helps. However, right from the get-go I had issues with one of the Yokahama tires. TPS kept coming on and pressure was definitely going down. Dealer said "tire issue, can't help" while tire place said "dealer issue." Finally had to replace all 4 at 10,000 miles.
The other issue is oil level light coming on (started at around 30,000 miles). Known issue with this make/model on excessive oil issue (google it, there is a lawsuit).
Overall I am 75% satisfied but the other 25% make for disappointment.
Cargo room/hatchback; bluetooth for music, podcasts is good. Comfortable ride. Cruise Control is pretty decent (not much fluctuation in MPH going up/down hill, which I did have with my last car).
Known issue with excessive oil use. My low level indicator comes on consistently around 3000-3500 miles even though recommendation from Subaru is oil change every 7500 miles. Tire issues right from the get go and no responsibility taken by dealership.