Used 2008 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews - 173 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Subaru Impreza

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

My 5th Subaru--And Not My Last
By ccarbone22

2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Premium Package, VDC (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the Impreza in March 2008. This is my 5th Subaru, and I'm a big fan. So far over 15,000 miles, not one single problem. The 2.5L engine is great, and the car handles quiet well. Lots of cargo room with the rear seats down, and the optional roof rails and cargo carrier are helpful too. AWD is great, and over the 15K miles, I've gotten 26 MPG overall-- which I think is really good considering the AWD and larger 4-cyl engine. The wagon (yes, it's a wagon, not a hatchback!) looks great-the sedan is kinda boring. Interior design is nice, and the materials are an improvement over past Imprezas. Looking forward to many years and miles with this car!

The growl of the boxer engine, AWD, exterior design, reliability, and the fun of driving it! And the fact that it's a Subaru!

Subaru, PLEASE get a clue and start putting better sound systems in your cars. Every Subaru I've owned has had a terrible sound system. Otherwise, no major improvements needed.

Very fun and Reliable!
By Huffman.ben

2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD w/Premium Package, VDC (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This was my very first brand new car and I'm glad I bought a Subaru. I have had no problems to date. I went through one winter so far and it was easy with the WRX.

AWD, Heated Seats,Turbo

Better Stereo.

Star On ICE!
By Carlos

Greetings! Winter of 2009 my wife and I drove on I-40 somewhere in Oklahoma and the road was coated with snow turned to ICE... it was around midnight and we were the only ones driving on I-40 at about 40-50 mph. All Semi- Truck/cars, etc. stuck along the side of the interstate due to the road condition, but our 2008 2.5i Impreza 5door kept going. The car took control whenever it sensed a "side-way" skid. The 2008 2.5i Impreza 5 door handled perfectly well on the snow & ice coated I-40 interstate...

All Wheel Drive & Stability Control.

Design a Subaru with a 30-35miles per gallon (combined city/highway).

My STi
By CK

2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STI 4dr Hatchback AWD w/VDC, Nav, Silver BBS (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my first Subaru & what I've noticed is that wrx & sti owners have some special bond when they see another. Everyone always waves or smiles. Pretty cool. Those that know what a STi is, are always wanting to race & well sometimes I have to just let her run & they get to see my tail lights. ; ) I've taken it snowboarding several times even in white out conditions & my STi has never let me down. I've taken corners like it was on rails. I don't even sweat it anymore. So... definitely fun to drive & I hope to keep for a very long time because I can't see myself in another car.

SI-drive, DCCD, boxer engine sound, turbo sound, bbs rims, nav, side fender vents with the STi logo.

I have to think really hard & so I'm nitpicking, but tano cover for my STi's trunk area seems loose & can kinda make a little noise on bumpy roads. Would like standard hid fog lights.

Subaru: Always a Great Purchase!
By Jason

2008 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 3rd Subaru: 04 WRX (wish I never sold it!), 07 Forester XS, and this car. I'm driving 45,000 miles a year (crazy!) and averaging 30 MPG at usually 70-75 MPH, which is beyond the EPA reading! Cruise control is my friend. Can't beat the AWD in any weather. I HIGHLY recommend any Subaru model to anyone looking for a vehicle. No issues whatsoever with this car. -- If you're car shopping, just take a moment to drive some Subaru's, especially in a downpour or bad weather... I bet you'll be amazed! For comparison, do the same with other brands. This is when you'll notice more about the true feel of a vehicle versus a bright, dry, sunny day.

Manual transmission (auto was too weak); smooth ride (though it was too "washy" until I adjusted to the ride height) after having sports cars; Premium Pkg & lower seats (for the shifting); Body Style; AWD; Because Subaru makes awesome reliable products.

Better paint! I've never had a car's hood chip so easily before. This is my 6th car and even the other Subies didn't chip like this one. Rear hatch rattles. Using tape on the metal ring helps. Sunroof in the Outback version? Better factory roof rails. These are noisy. Diesel? Please?!?!