Used 2008 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews - 173 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Subaru Impreza

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Fun little car
By robm2

2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Premium Package, VDC (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

A fun car to drive. Not nearly as comfortable as my older VW, but for the same price, I have better handling, AWD for winter snow & ice, and better reliability. The premium package is a must. In Canada, it is the Sport Package, and heated seats are now a necessity, (I had them in the VW, and will never be w/o them again). The 170hp/170lb-ft N/A engine is adequate, but if you want some thrills, you may be disappointed. I am selling my '08 2.5i and have already ordered an '09 STI.

AWD, heated seats, boxer engine rumble, hill-holder clutch/brake, MP3/iPod capable stereo, great handling, great gas mileage

Distance to empty mileage indicator, auto-locking doors, auto-unlocking doors on handle pull, lumbar support, better speakers, faster fast-forward / reverse scan on CD player, height-adjustment on passenger seat

Great 1st Car
By Nick

2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love my impreza 5-door I looked at a few other cars (Hyundai Elantra, Nissan Versa, Honda Fit, and Suzuki SX4 Sport) and found the Subaru to be my favorite. The AWD is a major advantage over the other cars i looked and and it is fun to drive, I can't wait for the NY winter. Also the versatility of the 5-door.

Interior design, exterior design (although 06-07 models looked more sporty) awd, long list of standard features, price, driving experience, versatility of the 5-door.

Some cheap interior materials.

My First Subaru
By Todd

2008 Subaru Impreza WRX 4dr Sedan AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I purchased a Subaru Impreza WRX 5pd about six months ago. I must say it has been one of the most fun cars I have ever driven. Acceleration is good with the exception of a little turbo lag and the handling is great. The AWD take a bit getting use to being that you need to use a little more clutch than a FWD or RWD vehicle. I can wait to see how it does in the snow this winter. This is my first Subaru, but certainly not the last.

Handling, exterior looks, headroom, rear seat room, front sport seating, and the BIG tach right in the middle.

Better stereo, maybe smoother shifting (this could just be me getting use to a new AWD vehicle). I would say more HP, but then I should have purchase the STi version.

No real complaints
By NJ Owner

2008 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Owned since 03/08 and have 11k miles on it. MPG is good, averaging about 27 with high of 31.5 on highway trip. I should have gotten the 5M instead of the 4A. I just don't like the automatic transmission. The black paint seems to scratch very easily, especially from fingernails around the door handles. I wish the hatch area was a little bit bigger. It looks adequate empty, but fills up real quickly. Can't wait to drive it in the snow, that's why I bought it. I am hoping I can get away with the stock tires, but will use snow tires if need be. I am 6 foot 1, 185 lbs and find the driver's seat comfortable and roomy.

AWD, smooth ride, roomy interior(except for hatch space), looks, gas mileage, premium sound system, expected reliability,

Better automatic transmission, sunroof, more seat adjustments/passenger side.

Great buy
By jnaz

2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I recently purchased this vehicle, the gas mileage is great and it is a pleasure to drive. The back seat and trunk are both a bit tight but I would recommend this car to anyone.

Fuel economy, all wheel drive.

A bit more rear seat space.