Used 2008 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews - 173 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Subaru Impreza

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

ZZzzooooommmmmm!
By LYLETN

2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STI 4dr Hatchback AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is really FUN!! I'm using it as my highway traveler & it's a real kick to drive. This is my 3rd Impreza wagon upping the horsepower every time. This car is much more refined than the 06 WRX it replaces. It has a great ride & is faster, & handles better. I've had no problems with rattles, the overall fit & finish kicks my former WRX square in the back end! There is no comparison.

The engine. The aggressive look of the car, without the look of a "boy" speed racer (a ticket waiting to happen). The seats are much improved as is the interior space. Back seat passengers are much more comfortable.

1st gear is geared too low (you have to get out of it too quick). A car that is top of the line should come with an auto-dimming rearview mirror & the optional center armrest standard!! The all weather floor mats should also be part of the standard package.

Lots of Fun for the Money
By David

2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car for a bit over a year. I bought it as a second car, but with the lease ending on my primary vehicle (Infiniti M35x), this little Subaru Impreza has become my primary vehicle. I must say, I really love this little guy. I was originally drawn to the exterior and the interior design (beautiful), but really fell in love with how it drives. It's great fun. My usual tastes for higher-end cars are turned upside down with this Impreza. I just don't see a reason to upgrade and spend the extra $$$ at this time.

The interior design is untouched in this class of vehicle (sub $20k). It is really beautiful.

I purchased the XM radio module and the subwoofer speaker (fits under the seat.) The dealer installed them and it has really improved the otherwise dismal audio system. I suggest the same to anyone.

STI for adults
By erven50

2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STI 4dr Hatchback AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased my 2008 STI in March of 2008 and have been completely satisfied. It is fast, useful and the 2008 avoided the "boy racer" wing of older STIs. Some say the car has gotten soft - as compared to what? If a far better car and as fast as my 2004 Mustang Cobra and a powerful car with all wheel drive is simply amazing. The dealers are now discounting the STI heavily - my advice is if you want performance and durability - test drive the new STI - and gas mileage is 20-22 if you exercise some control. The STI is hands down the best performance car I have ever owned

All wheel drive and ability for $ 1,200 to increase the power to 350 hp via Cobb Tuning

A little more side bolster in the driver's seat

2008 Impreza
By Joe

2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Overall the car has been great. The gas mileage has been better than the EPA rating. I've been getting between 25-26 highway/town and 31-32 on the highway. Haven't had a single problem yet.

Gas mileage, ride, interior, seating position

The radio is kind of cheap, sounding quality wise and watts. The other issue is the body roll. It's not bad, it roll to a certain point then stops, its not alarming, just wise it would not roll in the corners so much. I guess a set of sport springs would fix that without effecting the ride quality

Impressive Impreza
By Subienewbie

2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I leased a 08 Impreza in early august. I test drove the wrx and then decided to go with the 2.5i 4-door as the lease deal seemed to too sweet to ignore. The car has been fun to drive - it is a real dynamo for its size. The engine is responsive, smooth and has ample juice on the highway. Long-drives have been at about 30.5 mpg and city at 23 on average. Not bad for a 3200 pound car with awd. I am really glad I got a subie!