Used 2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan Consumer Reviews - 54 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Awesome Car!
By dave

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX TR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought this car a month ago, and I love it even more now that when I bought it. It hauls and handles like a champ. It is just as sure footed in the rain too. The stock stereo and speakers are pretty wimpy, but other than that, this car is unbelievable!

Turbo!

Better stock stereo. Other than that this car is sweet!

Returned home
By Chris

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love my new impreza - I had a Forester years ago, then tried other cars for fuel economy. None impressed me as much as my Subaru, and I think I'm a fan for life.

All wheel drive.

More realistic cup holder size would be helpful.

Turner Ready
By DANO

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX TR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Turner ready says it all. Excellent inexpensive platform to build on or just leave alone. Fun to drive and offers the wallet a break and the flexibility to add as funds become available. I would start with the brake cables, coil overs and then pipes. Easy to install and easier to enjoy.

Great engine.

Brakes, suspension.

GREAT CAR
By ato220

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX Limited 4dr Sedan AWD w/Off-Black Int. (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

After driving this car for 3 months, I am still amazed at the direct connection between my right foot and a smile. I love it when any Mustangs or Camaros that pull up next to me at red lights, they fade quickly in the rear view mirror. If I were to find a downside to this powerful performance sedan, it would have to be gas mileage. I've averaged around 20 mpg, but then again this could be because that gas pedal is so addictive.

Engine performance, AWD, leather all for under $26k. Take on any other car on the road (except some EVO's, STI's and the occasional Corvette or Porsche).

Better gas mileage, lots of wind noise with sunroof and windows down.

Go drive it!
By Mathias

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is an awesome car. Looked at the Mazda 3, Hyundai Tiburon, Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart, Ford Focus, and more. The Impreza is in a class by itself, and sells for about the same price as the others given the amount of standard options. Very safe car with AWD for the winter season and a blast to drive. I can't say enough good things about it. Anyone considering a sedan for under $20K needs to check this out. Keep in mind the mechanical advantage over the competition (ie: AWD and the boxer engine).

Seats -- great seats with good support; look good too. Engine -- very flexible, good power, decent fuel economy and it's smooth as silk (can't even tell the engine's running at idle).

Folding rear seat would be nice.