Used 2006 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews - 164 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Subaru Impreza

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Great Car
By JW

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is one of the best cars I have ever owned. I live in the city and I sold my last Accord v6 a few years ago. I wanted a small car, fun to drive that had the capibility to haul my dog and my stuff wherever. This car meets all of the requirements and then some. I think I am stuck on Subaru now. I fit two large dogs a freind and her dog with room to spare, through the mud, rain, and potholes the car never felt strained or out of place. Upgrade the radio and tint the windows that is my only change.

AWD, sport wagon, quick and easy to park.

Map light

Great Little Wagon
By Old Man

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Have now had the Subaru for two years and loved it from the start. I guess that I am a lot older than most owners of this stick shift, being in my early 70's, but still like to "drive"! Although I would love the turbo, the naturally aspirated motor suits me fine, and there is enough get up and go for most occasions - not wanting get too many tickets!

Stability at speed, love the all wheel drive in the wet. Seats are good, comfortable, and keep you in place when cornering quickly. Plenty of space in the trunk. OEM tires were very good,

Better radio, heated mirrors, sometimes find the gear shift a little reluctant to shift smoothly. Short shifter would be an improvement.

Best all round value
By raf1919

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited 4dr Sedan AWD w/Off-Black Int. (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

This car packs a punch, people underestimate its power and speed all the time.

Turbo and AWD.

Folding rear seats, power trunk, std boost gauge.

Wonderful car
By smurf007blue

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited 4dr Sedan AWD w/Off-Black Int. (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I suggest if you ever get the opportunity to buy this car and it is within your grasp, do it. It is a really reliable car so fun to drive. Keep in mind however it can take a little getting used to if you're tall.

2.5 Liter turbo engine with a short throw shifter

telescoping steering collum.

Wow
By PFP

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Fantastic vehicle, lots of fun to drive. Very low centre of gravity, amazing handling. Full time AWD unlike any other. Sound system could be better. other than that, 0 complaints. Very happy with purchase would recomend to anyone looking for reliability and fun factor. Also safety is top of the line in its class.

AWD, AWD, AWD

At very high speeds definetly a bit of understeer.