Used 2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan Consumer Reviews - 54 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Little Red Ru Rocks!
By chef tim

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX TR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

We had a 2005 2.5 RS that we traded on our 2006 WRX TR. I was absolutely thrilled with the difference in performance. I have owned dozens of Subarus and my experience with new ones is just as pleasurable as with my older ones. We will continue to be loyal Subaru owners well into the future.

Turbo, Turbo, Turbo. The handling is great. Its looks. Seats four comfortably. Did I mention Turbo?

Better speakers as a standard feature.

I love this Impreza
By John H

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I wanted a 4WD or AWD due to the location of my house. So I test drove the BMW 325xi &330xi. Both are really nice cars but way over priced. So I decided to get the Impreza and save the money for the kid's college. This car handles as good as the BMW. It puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. I just want to drive it for no reason because it's so much fun to drive. I put in the aftermarket real xenon headlights; now everything is much brighter at night. The stock headlights are quite bright but it's still a big difference with the xenon. Now, I sneak out at night just to drive on the curvy roads in my town.

Boxer engine, handling, AWD, projector headlights, torque and it looks really good and sporty

5 or 6 speed automatic transmission on the base WRX (my wife can't drive stick). Vanity light. Better stock stereo. Stock stereo is really really cheap. I replaced it with Eclipse stereo and Eclipse speakers. Lower the car about 1 inch so the wheelwell gap is less.

Best Car I,ve driven
By Blubaru

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car is soo much fun to drive compared to my 2001 Legacy L. My 2006 Impreza 2.5i's performance and handling just bring a big smile on my face each and every time. I really do try to find reasons to drive this car. My wife was so impressed that she too got a 2006 Impreza 2.5i wagon.

Projector lights,16" wheels, front spoiler cause it does not look like it's just strictly a bumper and all standard features.

Lights near the rear view mirror, light in the rear storage of the wagon (hard to see when the seats are in place in event of a flat tire change). Extra 12v socket maybe in the center console for charging PDA or other portable device battery.

TR is disappointing
By JBiz

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX TR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

For 23k the TR WRX is a very fast car. 0-60 in approximately 6 seconds. It's very fun to drive and I love all of the attention I get while driving it. If i had the chance to buy it all over again...I would upgrade to a Limited. I don't think I have enough love to spend $30k on an STi. I'd rather own a BMW if I were to spend $30k+.

I gotta love the speed. There's nothing like blowing the doors off of the civics and other cars pieced together. The 17 inch wheels aren't that bad either. Upholstery is very nice. There's no lame designs that make you think of McDonald restaurant decor like many, many other cars.

First the TR needs a stereo. The 4 speaker, 80 watt stereo is worse than what Hyundai's have. Folding rear seats would help. Heated side mirrors (they skimp on cheap mirrors they put on the Limited. How much are you really saving me?). Hood scoop needs a screen for protection. Rear end slips with oem suspension.

Subaru...Love it!
By soulxchill

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I traded my VW Golf for the Impreza 2.5i sedan. I wanted the WRX but can't swing the cash. For the money, the Impreza 2.5i is outstanding. You can really feel the 170 HP because the car is so light. The boxer engine shifts smooth as silk. The AWD is also excellent. This car handles very well for its class and feels super solid when driving. it really is a blast to drive. I have no trouble getting on the gas at 60mph to blow by someone on the highway, the torque and HP are great. I ask for the power and it's there! You really couldn't get a better car for the money.

Boxer engine, 170hp, AWD, handling, front seats, torque. The rear end looks really good too.

The stereo and speakers are pretty bad, I had to have an aftermarket stereo put in, speakers are next to go in.