Used 2006 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews - 164 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Subaru Impreza

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX TR
By d

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX TR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is my daily driver and I couldn't ask for a better, more reliable vehicle. Dependable in all weather, fun to just cruise or get to where you need to be in a hurry. MPG are respectable depending on driving style and the car is very versatile. I own several motorcycles so I threw a hitch on and due to the great torque, tow them to the track with no issues, or attach a mountain bike hauler into the receiver and head into the mountains. This car continues to make me smile after more than two years of ownership!!

Tons of aftermarket support for upgrades but still decent right outta the dealership. Good acceleration and Subarus have a sound all their own.

The only thing I can think of is having the back seat fold down completely to access the trunk rather than the slit in the middle.

It's a WINNER!
By Impreza Lover

2006 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport Special Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I drive a LOT for work (40K per year), mostly in rural northwest Ohio. Summer driving is great, but the Subie really shines in the winter - and we have a lot of it here. I can honestly say that this is the BEST car I've ever owned, bar none. Absolutely NO problems from day one, just regular service. I've owned Nissan, VW, Toyota and Mazda - all were good, but not as perfect as this Impreza. I've also had quite a number of people comment on how attractive the car is, with it's Outback Sport two-tone paint, factory alloys and special trim. If you can find a well maintained one at resale, BUY IT!! You won't be disappointed!

Road hugging AWD, disc brakes all around, upgraded sound system in this SE model, overall looks. Fuel economy has been better than listed during warm weather (30 mpg), drops to 25-27 mpg in the cold weather months.

I really like the exterior color of the model I have, a soft green over silver gold two tone. But the standard interior was beige, and shows dirt quickly. I finally added a sheepskin seat cover to the driver's seat for both protection and comfort.

Love My subie
By jbkona

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love my subie (pet name for subaru) This is the 4th subaru I have owned and they keep getting better and better. So zippy like a sports car. Love the turning radius can get in and out without 4 to 5 point turning. Love the cornering it's the best. Reliable and safe, I never worry about losing traction in our Hawaii downpours!!!

Quick acceleration, stereo, comfort

standard sun/moon roof, standard rear spoiler.

Great Car
By Bonestock91

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first Subaru. I was an all Honda guy so I decided to step it up with a Subaru. Great car. Nice design inside and out. Nice and powerful, wish it got better MPG's though

Interior/exterior, boxer engine, 173hp 166tq.

MPG, soundsystem

Fun and Practical
By wg

2006 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport Special Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Traded a Loaded Dodge Dakota AWD for this to save gas and for added longevity. This is like driving an adult go-cart, with a great stereo. Average 22mpg mixed driving with a lead foot(80-85 hwy). Also I find the seats very comfortable; however no long distance drives yet. And this car handles all weather very well.

Hatchback large enough to fit golf clubs, good power when in the power band, handling, seats, stereo, and smooth ride.

Needs factory tinted windows and maybe better stock tires. Every thing else is fantastic.