Used 2005 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews

$7,000

Used Impreza for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

JUST PLAIN FUN!

RANMAN, 10/20/2006

Just traded in my Mustang GT to get my new STi. Spent the better part of the last 4 years scrounging around to get parts that would speed up the Stang. Such a relief to buy a car with everything you need straight out the dealership. Made with quality parts that are made to last. Unlike the Mustang which consists of parts that are made to replace. Must admit, my STi was modified, but I had visited other STi's before I found the one I purchased and was impressed with them all. Could not drive to 7-11 without being "tested" by a Honda tuner in the Stang. SERIOUSLY. Interesting, that imports now drive by me in the STi without even revving their engines. THAT'S what I call RESPECT!

Awesome Car!

Thomas, 10/28/2006

Great car! I had an 02 WRX before picking up the STi. What a difference. Everything about the car is amazing. A must have!

Great car with a few short comings

Danimal, 12/17/2006

I've had my car for almost 3 years now and have done a few modifications. It has a rear sway bar (Subaru), short shifter (Subaru), K&N filter, front strut tower, and Whiteline anti-lift kit. My goal was to keep it in warranty but have fun in the corners. I've gotten rid of the excess body roll but need a little more power (like 15 hp). In the snow and rain it performs like a dream. I would recommend all of my upgrades to anybody that wanted a more sporty feel in handling.

Most bang for buck

KC, 01/17/2007

I'm writing this review because I just finished my 45-mile commute in the snow and it was actually a pleasant ride. The car is stable and comfortable in any situation: high speed, low speed, rain, snow, dirt or mud, etc. It's not perfect: I am seriously upgrading to a Legacy GT Wagon or an A4 Avant, but for $21k, it's the most practical, fun, and reliable car out there. Just don't expect luxury. 40,000 miles in 1.5 years and no problems except for a few rattles, which is something you'll hear a lot with Subarus. I drive 80mph to work in dry weather (all highway), and I get only 21 mpg, so lack of a 6th speed is disappointing.

Never Again

xtrmr, 05/12/2007

I bought this car after researching it against its competitors and hearing that they were great cars. I owned the car from 6/05-8/06 and put 33k on it. The dealership got to know me on a first name basis over this time. Problem areas that I encountered: keyless entry+chirp replaced, got a nail in one of the tires and had to replace all 4= $700, overheated 2x on a short 500 mi trip - left stranded, exhaust manifold began to rattle - had to be re-welded on, leather wrapped steering wheel came undone after a month, rattling speaker on left side had to be replaced 3 times, inconsistent cruise control+/-15mph but dealership couldn't fix, and trunk release amongst a handful of other problems.