Used 2005 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews - 198 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Subaru Impreza

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Great car with a few short comings
By Danimal

2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my car for almost 3 years now and have done a few modifications. It has a rear sway bar (Subaru), short shifter (Subaru), K&N filter, front strut tower, and Whiteline anti-lift kit. My goal was to keep it in warranty but have fun in the corners. I've gotten rid of the excess body roll but need a little more power (like 15 hp). In the snow and rain it performs like a dream. I would recommend all of my upgrades to anybody that wanted a more sporty feel in handling.

AWD, interior/exterior styling, price, and head room.

Cabin noise after 1-2 years is horrible; they are just little rattles and squeaks but they drive me nuts! Make the rear seats fold down type (this is a Subaru after all and people do buy them for snow sports!).

Awesome Car!
By Thomas

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Gold-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Great car! I had an 02 WRX before picking up the STi. What a difference. Everything about the car is amazing. A must have!

6 speed tranny, Brembo Brakes, easy to upgrade.

None.

JUST PLAIN FUN!
By RANMAN

Just traded in my Mustang GT to get my new STi. Spent the better part of the last 4 years scrounging around to get parts that would speed up the Stang. Such a relief to buy a car with everything you need straight out the dealership. Made with quality parts that are made to last. Unlike the Mustang which consists of parts that are made to replace. Must admit, my STi was modified, but I had visited other STi's before I found the one I purchased and was impressed with them all. Could not drive to 7-11 without being "tested" by a Honda tuner in the Stang. SERIOUSLY. Interesting, that imports now drive by me in the STi without even revving their engines. THAT'S what I call RESPECT!

4 doors? 5 passenger? ALL-WHEEL DRIVE? BREMBO BRAKES? 394 DYNO-TESTED HORSES?I CAN'T STAND IT! Nobody wants to race me anymore! I can drive places without being harassed!

Lifting the height of the rear trunk an inch or two will improve the profile of the car and lift the rear wing out of the path of your rear view. Matching interior lighting of the dash gauges and stereo would be nice. Improved stock exhaust note. Wheels with a 2-inch lip. More available colors.

Love this Car!
By Jo

2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been wonderful for me! Since the date of purchase I have not had any mechanical or other problems at all. I love driving it around, the car always gets a few looks. This car is not WRX but it still has a lot of punch to it, it's very fun to drive. The only downside is that the mileage is not the greatest, however keep in mind that you are getting excellent AWD performance at all times. On a 60 litre tank of gas, i average about 600km per tank.

Locking gas tank, AWD, fold down rear seats to make a larger wagon, the bucket seats.

Add sunroof to non-WRX models.

These cars are super fast.
By Brian

This has to be the fastest and most fun car Ive ever driven or owned. In the summer it's like the car is stuck to the pavement like a magnet. In the winter it is even more fun, with 300 horses and full time awd you wish there were more turns and more snow.

Absolute excellent brake, throttle and steering feel.

The STi has almost everything already.