Used 2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi Consumer Reviews - 93 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Good Time!
By Jonathan Haynes

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Gold-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The car has been great. My only negative is the OEM tires. The tires have not held up as well as I would have hoped for. I can only go on them for another 5000 miles before I will have to purchase new ones. Besides that the car is a great time. It will toss you back in your seat under hard acceleration and stops on a dime. Overall the car is amazing!

300 bhp, aggressive body style.

Better tire selection.

M3? why?
By James

Three months ago, on my way to BMW dealer to trade in my mint '93 Supra Twin Turbo for an M3, I had a kid in some big winged creature badged STi. Yes, it was faster than my stock Supra, and I had the embarrassing pleasure to see the rear badge. I took an early exit ramp to the Subaru dealer, drove the STi, wiped the drool off of my face at the signing table, and bought it. 3 months later, I still drool after I drive it to and back from work. Let's see (comparing M3); 4 doors to 2. All wheel drive to rear wheel drive. (I live where it snows), handles almost as good and wait, $30,000 less? Bottom line: I bought a faster, more fun, more practical car and i didn't have to trade in the Supra.

Rev up the motor to 6000 RPM and drop the clutch. This is what taking off of a USS Enterprise in an F-14 Tomcat must feel like.

Make the rear wing smaller, or bigger, like the Supra, so i won't have to see it in my rear view mirror.

'05 STi review
By BigBSTI

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Silver-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is awesome! I have a commuter car but I always want to drive my STi. It is so hard to keep the miles down because you will always want to drive it. I've taken it to autocross and drag events and out performed all new cars around the 30k price range. I don't consider myself an awesome driver but behind the wheel of this car you sure feel like it!

BREMBOS, 2.5 motor produces TONS of torque, interior color and layout is great, awesome suspension; this car has everything.

When you bring this car home make an appointment to install an exhaust system (with high flow cat); this will give you +50 wheel horse power plus the car will be much happier.

Extraordinary
By Greg

The car is fantastic. The handling is neutral and very responsive. The brakes have a lot of stopping power. The car has a lot of grip. The engine has a lot of bottom end torque as well as peak horsepower. The car works very well int he wet, and the hydroplaning stability is superb. I have never driven a better car in the snow. I had Michelin Pilot Alpin snow tires on it, this winter, and on three highway trips in snow storms, there was no other vehicle with the grip, stability, and control to keep up with me. The interior is well laid out, comfortable, and efficient. Overall, I think this car is probably the best valued car made; it certainly is the best performance car value.

Engine and suspension.

Add an option with the manual transmission and an automatic clutch, similar to the SMG gearbox offered on the BMW M3 or found in the Toyota MR2 or the Ferrari F360.

2004 WRX STI Review
By KS

Love this car to death! It's very very fast, reliable, good looking and fun to drive. It's worth the money, 100%. I get so many other people waving at me and giving me a "thumbs up" when I drive by that I feel like I'm a celebrity. Flat out best car on the market, bar none. Porsche-like speed with 4 doors, rail like handling ... you just can't beat it.

Love the intercooler sprayer and manual differential controller.

At least throw in some STI logo'd floor mats.