Used 2005 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews - 198 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Subaru Impreza

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Amazing car!!
By ScoobyRex

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought my 05 with 15000 miles on it. Great performance car, with minor (about $1500) engine upgrades its at est 285hp/285 tq and runs with most cars on the road!! And I can still haul my daughter and a trunk full of groceries without a problem. I get 22-28 mpg AFTER being tuned to almost 300 hp. I have driven on horrendous winter roads with it (and Blizzaks) and it is amazing--more controlled and sure-footed than the 4wd Explorer I owned in the past. My only regret is not buying one as soon as they hit the US shores in 2002!

Engine/AWD

Put a 6spd in the regular WRX, not just the STI!

Great car, way more fun than many others
By MFK

2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I used to own a 1999 Legacy/Outback, I purchased this car (2005 Impreza Outback Sport) w/12000 miles and have found it to be a blast to drive. It was literally the car purchased by the little old lady (dealer put in a new clutch before putting it on the lot, I purchased Subaru warranty). Ironically, before I went Subaru in the beginning, I was driving V-8 Mustangs, the Impreza is way more fun, it is nimble, sure footed and safe and has great visibility. Compared to it's peers it is an all weather handling beast without over steer, under steer or torque steer (an FWD plague). The other car I have access to is a 2006 Nissan Maxima...I never touch it.

Great handling, good shifting, good power and an overall good feel to drive. Gauges are easy to read. The cockpit is pretty good and offers great visibility to all sides.

Gas consumption is a bit high (a consequence of Symmetrical AWD).

The Ultimate Beast
By 2QIK4U

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Gold-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've driven many performance cars in my time and I have to say that this car stands toe to toe with most all of them. I've outrun Cobra Mustangs, Dodge Charger SRT8s, older model Porsches, you name it. Phenomenal handling, super brakes, and a nice interior for a race car. Don't forget folks, compare the interior to other race cars, not luxury cars. It's fairly nice for a race car. It eats Vettes. They spin, you win. Awesome car! Period!

Steering response. Power. Respect from other drivers! Attitude.

370 stock horsepower 400 lbs/ft of stock torque

2005 Subaru Toy.
By Carlos Juan

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

It's a great performance bargain, bought mine used for $13,000 with only 37,000 miles. The car runs flawless 227hp, 24/28mpg and AWD makes this one of the best choices for a good all around car. Don't let the teenager car looks fool you because it can surely put a smile in your face. Excellent in city and highway. Easy to make most sports cars look like an economy car from 0-60 and all on a budget.

Sunroof, AWD, turbo, racing seats, built quality.

Stronger clutch, had to change mine at 31,800 on the odometer.

I FEEL LIKE AN ADDICT
By leafer

This car is so addicting that it draws you to the driver's seat and says let's go! The unbelievable power that is pumped out of this four banger is incredible, the car handles corners like it was a straight away, it stops on a dime picks it up, then gives you change. I cant believe the amount of respect this car gets no one wants to race you in fear of humiliation. This is absolutely the funnest car I've ever drove! (P.S. I didn't even notice there was a stereo.) Worth every penny!

acceleration handling, braking