Used 2005 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews - 198 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Subaru Impreza

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Subaru is awesome
By STI

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Gold-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

After weeks and weeks of looking for a car I narrowed to 2 and it was a 05 BMW 545 and a 05 sti and after test driving the bimmer I went to test drive to subie and as soon as I shifted to 2nd my decision was made. This car is so fun to drive, I get a kick watching people in my passenger seats. So quick and tough. Subaru has something going with their vehicles they're all good ones.

Power, torque, 6 spd, turbo, awd, 4drs & the reliability that comes with owning a Subaru.

better stereo sound system, boost and oil gauge pod from factory install

Handles like no other
By usmm01

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I am a loyal fan of Subaru, our old impreza was a 97 outback sport. This is my first purchase of a turbo. We are pleased with the WRX as usual with handling and fuel economy w/ cruise hwy. 29.5 mpg @ 65- 70mph! City 23mpg. I will own nothing but Subaru.

Ultimate cornering machine, style, mpg

Better paint. Center console arm rest is chintzy! More sound proofing in cabin.

The Beast!!!!!!!
By GUN-IT

What a phenomenal car. It handles like a Porsche and accelerates like one too. It's reliable and you can have four people in it as well. Good size trunk. Fun factor in this car is an absolute 10!!!!!

Brembo brakes, 300 horses, recaro style seats made by STI, 6 speed gearbox.

330 wheel horsepower. Alcantara throughout the vehicle and a nicer BMW style rubberized dashboard would be nice. Other than that, the car is perfect...

Great car, no complaints here
By mfk3

2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I had a 1999 Legacy Outback, went to trade it in and found this 2005 Impreza Outback w/14000 miles on it, I liked the style better than the 2008 Impreza Outback. I bought it as a Subaru CPO car and have never looked back or wanted for something else. In fact I looked at Mustang V-8's first (nostalgia), drove an Impreza RS and I was totally hooked on the Impreza. It felt like more of a performance machine than the Mustang.

Great handling, comfortable, great dashboard and console.

None. Make the turbo standard.

STi Performance with RS Style
By Pitt Boxer

I previously owned an Intrepid with roughly the same MPG, but nowhere close to the responsiveness, handling or acceleration of the Japanese Monster. Prior to purchasing the STi I did a little research on the Evo MR. For the price and resale value, you just can't beat the Subie. Granted the Evo has a slight advantage in most categories, the Impreza is much more fun on a daily basis and as a daily drive. IMO if you are looking for a strictly track car get the MR, if you plan on having a life outside of direct competition, you better bet the STi takes the win. Subaru has an awesome track record, unlike most of its Japanese-American counterparts.

All in all it's the handling. Just love this car in the winter, AWD has FWD and RWD spinning the tires in confusion. On the other hand 300HP and Brembo brakes are enjoyable in their own right, haven't had much in the way of favorable driving conditions. For the few days we have had, it was LAFS.

The front hood scoop and rear spoiler could be dropped entirely. I went with the RS hood and trunk lid along with a FMIC to remedy that slight inconvenience. Otherwise all-season tires, and a black on black interior would satisfy most. I just don't care for blue.