2014 Subaru Forester Consumer Review: Almost 3000 miles and 3 mos

2014 Subaru Forester - Consumer Review

Almost 3000 miles and 3 mos
By ashmatt on

2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Limited PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We initially were looking at the Crosstrek and perhaps the Outback.
The dealer mentioned the Forester and we took it for a drive.
We quickly forgot about the other two.
Test drove Ford, Nissan, Honda too.
When I drive the forester MPG- city/hwy 25/32.
When my wife drives, which is most of the time, city/hwy 22/29. Overall a little disappointed in the gas mileage perspective, but it does better than our 2009 Camry!
Price paid- 28423- Limited, option pack 2, remote start, splash guards, all weather mats. Briggs in Topeka went very smoothly.
***Update after 3 years. Personally I think the driver seat isn't very comfortable. My right knee always has the keys sitting on it- a bit cramped for my 6' height. Road noise is a bit loud. Haven't had any oil problems that I've heard the Forrester is prone to. Gas mileage is underwhelming, especially if you drive 75+ mph as we often do in the midwest. The ride is pretty rough- you feel most of the bumps on the road, but I don't mind that too much. Fantastic in the snow. A recent brake electrical mechanism had to be replaced, my wife had difficulty getting the car out of park due to this part failure. Since we are past the 36,000 mi warranty it was $95, but concerning that we have a problem only 3 years in. Overall it's a good car, but I don't know that it is worth the price we paid.

• Outward visibility
  • Active safety
  • Rain snow traction

• Noise and vibration
  • Front seats
  • Ride comfort
  • Entertainment

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review