Used 2014 Subaru Forester Consumer Reviews - 145 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2014 Subaru Forester

View reviews for a specific Forester model:

Great vehicle
By TL

2014 Subaru Forester 2.0XT Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Worth the purchase. Performance solid, family outgrew the car is why we are changing to a different car. Loved this vehicle and value to experience was very high.

An easy love affair.
By Leonard Wofse

2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Limited PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Update, a few weeks later; No problem climbing hills in drive. The four stars for Interior; very nice dash but wish they used less hard plastic and metals. Although 2014 is an improvement on a more soft interior, Subaru needs to move more in a soft feel interior. I give it a thanks for trying; and it is not bad by any sense of the imagination.

An easy love affair.
By Leonard Wofse

2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Limited PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This gets the best reviews. As my Forester is only two weeks old it is hard to rate the snow and rain traction in a dry summer for obvious reasons. And I'm not familiar with all the bells and whistles yet... It feels like a luxury jeep to me. One concern is going up steep hills. Only one time have I had a chance to test this grade up, but it was not as perky as in driving on level ground. But in all fairness I did not put it in a low gear test. So far the title remains true! Well to add to this review now I'm deep winter, the forester climbs hills just fine and great in snow and bad weather. I still am learning the bells and whistles.

Love my Forrester
By Kari Sellars

2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I love this Forrester, but the family is growing and it doesn't work for us anymore. Great ride, safe, secure in bad weather. Totally wonderful car. Excellent gas mileage.

Oil Issues and Beyond
By Maxwell H

2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have a 2014 Subaru Forester and love it! But, I can echo some of the oil issues. But mine have been minor comparatively. A few times in the last three years the low oil light has come on just before I was about to take it in for routine maintenance anyway. I keep a qt in the back and have topped it off apx 3 times since I bought it. When I learned about the class action lawsuit against Subaru I was quite upset and wrote my car off. I took it to the dealership and they gave me a pamphlet about oil consumption that was kind of pathetic. I know how to check the oil in any car and I expect that any modern car doesn't need that type of attention. I also expect that Subaru (to which I have friends and family that have had several different models that lasted for way over 200k miles) won't ever have a silly issue like this. However, that was 2 years ago and at almost 45k my Forester has been a champ. I also got an extended powertrain warranty from Subaru on my Forester for 8 years /100,000 miles as a result of the lawsuit. So if you buy this car used that should transfer from what I am to understand. This also gave me some much needed confidence back in the model and the brand. All this aside, the MPG are amazing for an AWD car, the interior is roomy and well appointed, it has great acceleration and it has gotten us through some tough snow and adverse weather situations safe and sound. Overall I am quite happy with my Forester and plan to keep it for a very long time. Now that the oil issue is out in the open and many cars have been updated I would highly recommend the Forester. Because without this one issue (albeit, a bad one for a few owners) this is one amazing car.