Used 2010 Subaru Forester Consumer Reviews - 157 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Subaru Forester

View reviews for a specific Forester model:

My First Subaru
By Retired Captain FD

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first Subaru. Have had 8 Mazdas and just returned a 5.7L Chrysler Aspen. Needed smaller fuel efficient vehicle. So far very satisfied with the Forester. Have had it for two months and it is fun to drive, handles well, and my around town fuel mileage is more than double the Aspen. I have the Dark Gray Metallic and Platinum Cloth Interior. Nice color combination but not sure the seats will hold up for the duration. Nice looking vehicle and it is 100% more practical than the Hemi Aspen I used to drive. No rattles or problems requiring it to go back to the dealer for "adjustments." Rough idel when first started, A/C worked well during last heat wave. Weird square cup holders.

Styling, handling, fuel mileage & reliability were pluses for choosing this car over another Mazda or other model. I like the all wheel drive, handles like a go-kart. Moonroof is large, rear hatch is lightweight, braking is really superb, great factory paint job. Nice in house pin stripe job.

I miss the automatic open/close tailgate of the Aspen, the headlights are superior to US made cars so it doesn't need fog lights, but the big black fake fog lights really detract from front end styling. Make them Std. equipment! Needs 6 CD changer, better sound, dual power seats, better arm rests!

I want out!
By Unhappy buyer

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car yesterday, has now 127 miles on it and it started rattling & vibrating already! The ceiling vibrates quite excessively at just 40 mph. The hatch rattles, along with the plastic back panels. Did not do it on the test drive, before purchase. I took it to the dealership today, they said might be the license plate cover- NOT! It keeps getting louder. I take it in again tomorrow. My Malibu with 120,600 miles on it was better, and I want it back! I want out of this deal, worst mistake I ever made. I wish I never would've bought it. Major buyers remorse.

Moonroof is really nice.

Stop the rattles & vibrations! Have the dealerships or Subaru take these cars back from unhappy customers & give them their money and trade ins (if wanted) back!

First Subaru and love it
By Love it

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

As a former Honda and Toyota owner, I read the information in Consumer report about the Forester. Along with that review, Edmunds, and the fact one of my son's owns one, I bought our first one. This car rides so much better than our Honda CR-V. This probably will not be our last Subaru.

Visibility, handling, fuel economy for an AWD vehicle, 27.9 on first tank, and a great ride for an SUV.

Perhaps a few more storage places. Honda does have a few more places to store stuff.

Very Happy
By Patrick Hogan

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

So far so good. I test drove the new Outback, not please at all with the drive. The Forester however is easy to maneuver, no major blind spots. Leather is a must, other models w/o leather seem sub-par.

awd, comfort, style, space, moonroof (huge!).

Radio-sound system, road noise, radio- sound system, please add some horsepower to X Models and radio- sound system. Also need to have satellite radio ready, not a $400 add on.

Awesome Car
By Chloe

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car is amazing. I picked it because I don't know too many people who drive it, and I feel like a million bucks when I am in it. I used to drive a Saturn L2, so this is quite a difference! I get 26-30 MPG on the highway with this car. It's the perfect size for me, though I could see a family of 4 driving it as well. Everyone I have driven in it loves it, and I like its size--big enough for passive safety, but not as gigantic as some other SUVs out there. Even my dad who is against "foreign cars" (even though it's built here) likes it a lot. No buyer's remorse whatsoever--best first car I could ever get!

Smooth ride! As my friend says, the car is "nifty" because of where plugs are, the rear-view dimmer, etc. ; I picked up quickly on where all the controls are. There are a lot of nice features for the basic model.

The back is a little noisy when going over bumps, but it's something I can live with. Also tinted windows in the standard package would have been nice.